SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - WINDOWS
SpaceX is looking for a Systems Administrator with deep knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies. This employee will be a member of the Information Technology Services team and will support all SpaceX personnel. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
* Work closely with other SpaceX administrators and engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support Microsoft enterprise software platforms and related technologies in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding SpaceX engineering teams. Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
* Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species.
* Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
* Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
* Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
* Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
* 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration
* Experience with Windows servers in physical and virtualized environments
* Experience with Active Directory, Kerberos, and multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
* Experience with PowerShell for automation-driven processes.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
* Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
* Experience with Enterprise Microsoft Exchange deployments, with a specific emphasis on geographically distributed DAG clusters.
* Experience with designing, maintaining, and supporting Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business systems in an enterprise environment.
* Experience with SharePoint farms and content hosting.
* Expertise in source code and version control tools
* Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools
* Understanding of developing web and C#/.Net applications and build processes
* Expert level familiarity with Windows Server 2016
* Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture
* Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.