Whole Foods Market
Provide remote and hands-on technical support for Regional Office/Facility technologies to ensure that IT hardware and software is maintained and functional. Work directly with Regional Leadership for IT support. Assist MSIs in other Metros with store technical support as needed. Provide Level 2 technical support in chosen Area(s) of Specialty. Communicate proactively with Store and Regional Leadership, and with outside vendors of IT products & services. The successful candidate will have good technical aptitude, communication skills and will demonstrate a high level of integrity, initiative, and professionalism.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversight of Regional Office technology and user administration.
* Take ownership of support tickets and resolve the technical issues remotely or on-site as needed; ensure that regional office hardware and software are functioning at all times.
* Collaborate with the Global Technology, Cross Regional and Regional Teams on support tickets, various projects, system and service rollouts, audits and tasks.
* Liaison with Vendors for support issues and requests.
* Be available to help resolve emergency situations that arise in the Region.
* Provide onsite support for new store openings and remodels as needed.
* Follow regular communication requirements as defined by Regional Tech Team leadership.
* Participate in one or more Areas of Specialty; develop Level 2 skills and provide Level 2 support in those areas whenever possible.
* Create, enhance, update, and maintain the Regional/Global knowledgebase documentation and training resources.
* Develop and conduct technology training for team members as needed.
* Manage server backups and documentation
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
* Minimum two years as successful hands-on and/or remote tech support experience. Retail based technology experience preferred.
* High school degree or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of technical issues in a retail environment.
* Strong understanding of Windows desktop and server operating systems.
* Working knowledge of network-based technology.
* Strong understanding of general office equipment support in a business environment.
* Experience conducting trainings in various formats.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Samples may be required)
* Ability to analyze issues and develop processes to correct and/or improve outcomes.
* Ability to lead projects and collaborative efforts at a peer level.
* Proven ability to establish objectives and execute on achieving those objectives.
* Passion for Helping Others
* Strong time management skills; highly organized; good project management skills.
* Competent knowledge of retail technology systems and how they integrate.
* Ability to work evening and night hours should it be needed to address an IT issue in a store or to assist with an installation that must be done after hours.
* Positive, enthusiastic attitude.
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. (18kg) unassisted.
* Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-10 hours.
* Bending, stooping and climbing.
* Mental and physical dexterity.
* Unassisted heavy lifting.
* Work in varying temperatures.
* Use of box cutters.
* Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
* Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
* Use of ladders.
* Iteration of duties.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is engaged in the business of natural and organic foods supermarket.