Support Technician is responsible for providing front line support and service for our clients. In this position, the individual will uphold GDR Group's commitment to providing quality services and represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
This position is responsible for analyzing and resolving routine to moderately complex information system issues for end-users anywhere in the environment. These issues may include: workstations, software applications, servers, printers, mobile devices, phone and network infrastructure, and cloud solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide excellent customer service through effective communication, understanding and logical troubleshooting.
* Respond to and resolve client inquiries concerning systems operation within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
* Technical services and support for: LAN and WAN connectivity, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
* Support office peripherals such as: scanners, copiers and smart boards.
* Utilize ticketing system to document all requests and interactions. Maintain customer documentation to include systems, processes, issue resolutions, etc.
* Be continuously alert and responsive to the ever-evolving client business environment and needs.
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the clients.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
* Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
* Business Awareness: specific knowledge of the client and how IT relates to their business strategy and objectives.
* Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities for solutions that grow and maximize the client's investment in IT.
* Participate in On-Call shift rotation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum two (2) years Helpdesk and/or Desk Side Support Experience.
* Minimum two (2) years maintenance experience with Active Directory, DHCP and DNS Windows Server (2008 / 2012 / 2016).
* Minimum three (3) years maintenance experience with Exchange and Office 365.
* Ability to identify and resolve technical problems with Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other networking systems.
* Ability to setup and troubleshoot various Windows and MacOS Operating Systems.
* Awareness of all key IT Services for which support is being provided.
* Competent in communicating technical information to technical and non-technical end-users.
* Analytical, critical and deductive reasoning required to troubleshoot user issues.
* Clear, concise, professional and thorough verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task, follow processes and procedures and take direction positively.
* Consistently perform work in a sitting position at a desk on a PC.
* Answers the telephone continually throughout the workday.