GDR Group is a growing, dynamic and innovative IT Solutions Provider in Irvine, California. We provide business to business technology solutions for today's technology dependent businesses. We are proud to be recognized by the Orange County Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County, four (4) years running.
This position is responsible for analyzing and resolving routine to moderately complex information system issues for end-users anywhere in the environment. These issues might be related to the desktop computing environment, network applications, production applications, and hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support services and administration for common business applications and third-party software.
* Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end-user workstations, hardware, software and network equipment.
* Technical services and support for WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, firewalls and wireless access points.
* Printer and copier support and management; removal, installation, server driver configuration.
* Support and administer phone system.
* Asset management support
* Perform timely and accurate scheduled maintenance and service tasks as needed for customers.
* Communication with customers, as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
* Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
* Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
* Create and maintain client documentation to include systems, processes, issue resolutions, etc.
* Enter all work notes in service or project tickets within internal ticketing system.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA A+.
* Minimum two (2) to five (5) years of Desktop Support experience; field work is a plus.
* Interpersonal skills, such as: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care.
* Analytical, critical and deductive reasoning required to troubleshoot network issues.
* Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly while following processes and procedures and take direction positively.
* Competent in communicating technical information to technical, as well as non-technical end-users.
* Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided.
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT