ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an IT Support Specialist at Udemy you will have a unique opportunity to grow your own skills as we grow our IT team and create an amazing work experience for our colleagues. It's your role to support day-to-day operations, onboard new employees, assist with audio/video, build documentation, and provide general moral support to your fellow Udemy employees.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Supporting Udemy employees in resolving issues with their computers, and other IT/AV systemsDocument operations, processes, and IT solutions
* Being point of contact for the IT Help Desk. - This includes: ensuring that tickets are completed in a timely manner per the helpdesk policy, assist other members of the IT department in troubleshooting their tickets, ensuring that closed tickets have appropriate information attached, maintain and update Udemy's asset management system, participate in on call rotation along with other IT staff weekly on-boarding training with new employees
* Supporting Udemy's global team by providing on-site support for the Dublin office, and remote support for other Udemy offices such as the San Francisco and Ankara offices
* Other responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate
We're excited about you because you have:
* 1+ years of professional technical support experience in a OS X & Windows environment
* Working knowledge of networking & Meraki
* Ability to help Udemy employees solve hardware and software problems on Mac, PC and mobile devices
* Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote, including Chromebox, Lifesize, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, and hardware based codecs
* Project management experience
* Enterprise wireless experience
* Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems
* Strong customer focus
* Process and systems oriented with an eye to detail
* A positive, service-oriented attitude
* Ability to lift 50lbs
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Deep understanding of enterprise class video conferencing
* Cisco CCNA is a big plus
* Active Directory / Windows Server experience would be a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 30 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Udemy operates as a marketplace for teaching and learning.