At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We're in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Segment IT team is looking for a technically savvy and customer service-minded IT Support Specialist who will maintain our information technology systems as well as support the audio-visual systems across the company. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of our computer, telecom, video conferencing and audio/visual systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teammate that can support both Macs and Windows (bonus for Ubuntu Linux) computers in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Our focus is on providing excellent service to Segment teammates, improving the day-to-day use of technology in our offices, and helping colleagues to improve processes. We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and healthy work ethic that sets us apart from other companies.
This position is based in our headquarters in the financial district of San Francisco. In this role, you will provide IT and A/V services and technical support to Segment employees located locally and help support those located in several remote offices.
What you'll do:
* Manage Mac/Windows setup and deployment for new employees
* Provide technical support troubleshooting and training for Segment employees and their devices
* Act as a link between end users and higher level support
* Install and configure software and hardware (printers, input devices, etc.)
* Perform hardware troubleshooting and minor repairs
* Meet IT support performance and customer service standards
* Respond in a timely manner to support requests
* Setup and troubleshoot A/V equipment
* Generate/Track/Close tickets for all IT related issues in a timely and consistent manner
* Actively contribute to and revise existing documentation
* Identify procedures that can be streamlined and help implement more efficient processes
* Track and analyze problem resolutions for reporting and training
* Collaborate with other team members to maintain standards and functionality
* Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
You're a great fit if you…
* 2+ years' experience in a desktop support type position or in a corporate IT department
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows, and corporate use of Google Apps
* Hands-on knowledge of Mac management
* Strong customer service and technical troubleshooting skills.
* Effective communication skills with ability to articulate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
* Demonstrate project management and organization skills.
* Proactive and self-motivated mindset; trustworthy with strong personal integrity and work ethic.
* A "can-do" attitude with ability to thrive in a dynamic, exciting, fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to work well both independently and collaborate in a larger team environment to accomplish goals.
* Persistent and dependable work ethic.
* Flexibility to work extended hours when a particular project demands it.
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Segment is a company that develops a platform for collecting customer data.