An information technology (IT) support specialist ensures the stability and integrity of the enterprise computing, network, and desktop infrastructure. The support specialist also provides internal customer support for company employees in remote and regional headquarter locations. Guides lower-level representatives. Ensures the efficient and effective use of issue management and problem management to identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to minimize customer impact and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide elevated quality service and support for the mission critical systems and end users.
* Maintains and updates skills as required to remain proficient with respect to advances in computing technologies.
* Learns new computer applications and develops a high level of operational proficiency.
* Assists level I and II technicians in their learning and development of new troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
* Provides training, support and documentation to end users, level I and II technicians on new and existing equipment and software applications.
* Performs queue management tasks within the ticketing system changing and confirming priorities on incoming and existing tickets regarding hardware or software problems. Then assigns and escalates priority tickets to available technicians.
* Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex IT problems. Recommends and implements corrective solutions including coordinating on-site repairs as needed.
* Recommends and executes modifications to IT infrastructure in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance.
* Frequent travel required, including overnight stays to support migration, conversion and moving of remote locations.
* Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots end-user and network hardware, related equipment and software in order to deliver required IT support.
* This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
* Four (4) years' experience in information technology or related field;
* 3-5 years directly related experience; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Highly self-motivated and directed. A keen attention to detail and a strong customer service focus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Cross-train as needed/required
* Maintain process documentation
* Assist with evaluation, testing/integration, planning, configuration, implementation and ongoing support of computer-related technologies
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high pressure environment
* Strong hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
* Strong working knowledge of LAN/WAN and Internet uses and typical user connectivity problems
* Ability to troubleshoot, install or reinstall telecommunication racks
* Wiring experience: RJ-45, RJ 11, 66 blocks, wiring codes
* Familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, active directory, Microsoft exchange, Cisco VPN and FTP
* Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
* Knowledge of helpdesk problem management database systems and ability to document problems/solutions in helpdesk log
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint
* Understands advanced computing and network architecting concepts.
* Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, W LAN and W WAN implementation and support
* Job Family IT
* Pay Type Hourly
* Denver Admin Office - 7595 Technology Way (80237), Denver, Colorado, United States of America