IT Support Specialist I
Gensler's Austin Office is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist I.
Support Specialists provide first-line response to end user incidents received via service desk requests and office operational requirements. Support Specialists are generally focused on the day-to-day support of their office and region, but must continually collaborate and communicate with the larger distributed team of support staff across the globe. The success of any one Support Specialist is linked to the overall performance of the team; the ability to cross-train other team members; and to share critical information in the goal of excellent customer response.
Support Specialists are primarily responsible for returning staff to billability as quickly as possible after a technology failure. Because the overall success of the technology support infrastructure is dependent upon this collaboration, Support Specialists are expected to be prodigious communicators and to share a hunger for knowledge about current and new technologies.
This position demands a self-starter and a skilled communicator (written and verbal) who can effectively manage and prioritize support tasks in a dynamic team. The individuals within this team demonstrate high sense of ownership, collaboration, and excellent customer service. This position is focused on rapid service, support and satisfaction with quick incident closure rates, along with a friendly and helpful attitude. Successful administrators are open, empathetic, and can apply a broad range of basic technology knowledge.
What You Will Do
* Effectively communicate and work with every level of employee from general end users to high level managers and Principals.
* Determine most effective problem resolution to minimize client downtime.
* Provide first level diagnostics and support for MS Windows desktop hardware platforms, MS Office products including configuring the Desktop Outlook client for both online and offline usage, and other office automation software.
* Provide installation, maintenance and ensure operation of all devices including desktop/laptop computers, printers and peripherals installed within the regional IT infrastructure for 500+ users.
* Provide installation and occasional troubleshooting of core 2D and 3D drafting products including Revit, AutoCAD, 3ds Max as well as other graphics design and rendering software including SketchUp, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
* Install and configure other specialized (departmental) software and provide end user support.
* Provide approved additional software installation and troubleshooting services.
* Image laptops and desktops appropriately during initial deployment, maintenance and end of life replacements.
* Maintain and complete appropriate records for incident resolution.
* Comply with vendor specific maintenance and repair procedures.
* Establish and document configurations, installations, etc. Create support documentation appropriately for new issues.
* Assist Telecom Administrator to install and troubleshoot IP phones.
* Assist staff in troubleshooting equipment such as projectors and videoconferencing equipment needs as required.
* Assist staff with audio visuals in conference rooms as needed.
* Accept and perform special project assignments as deemed necessary by IT management.
* Maintain current knowledge of desktop computing technology, applicable software tools and networking technologies used by Gensler. Develop and expand knowledge of these technologies over time.
* Maintain knowledge of and adherence to Company and departmental policies and procedures.
* Develop rapport with staff to understand their technology skills and tailor hands on support accordingly.
* Maintain ethical and professional behavior in dealing with users, department associates, and other departments' personnel. Adhere to all software licensing restrictions.
* Multitask in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining an emphasis on detail and quality.
* Associates Degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or technical trade school combined with one to two years of prior help desk and customer service experience. Preferred background in the architecture or engineering industry.
* Extensive knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, and Internet Explorer
* Knowledge of basic networking concepts and desktop troubleshooting.
* A+ Certification in desktop support.
* Familiarity with Macintosh OS X configuration including configuration and support of Outlook Email client in a corporate environment.
* Ability to disconnect, lift and move PC's and Monitors (50 lbs) to new desks. Maneuver under counters and in tight spots to run cables and wires for PCs.
* Current knowledge of VoIP-based telephones and Smart Phones is helpful.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.