Location: Carlsbad, CA (not offering remote)
What Were Looking for
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit in you? Are you passionate about partnering with people to help them work smarter and have more quality time with their loved ones? Are you motivated by setting and accomplishing goals and being rewarded for meeting and exceeding your goals? How would you like to thrive in a fun and vibrant environment where you will encounter a variety of business and technology challenges that will enhance your professional growth?
FMT Consultants is looking for a highly effective IT Support Specialist to join our dynamic and dedicated team of support experts on a full-time basis. In this role, you will utilize best practices and methodologies to provide system support across the Microsoft Stack for both our internal teams and external clients, with a heavy focus on Microsoft Cloud Services: Office 365 and Azure. Your job is to assist in triaging inbound requests via a ticketing system and to provide desktop and system administrative support to both our internal teams and external clients. To succeed in this position, you must provide exceptional service with a can-do attitude, you must also be efficient while being detail oriented, and you must have strong written and oral communication skills.
About the Role
* Interact with FMTs service desk system and FMTs clients to properly assign, prioritize, troubleshoot, resolve and update cases and knowledge base articles.
* Provide end-user desktop support, including setup & resolving hardware issues, managing software updates, troubleshooting network/RDS connections, user security & password resets.
* Administer employee on-boarding & off-boarding procedures for IT systems & hardware.
* Administer & monitor FMTs physical security, including security system & key fob access.
* Provide technical support for FMTs internal & conference meeting setup, monitoring & break-down.
* Provide support of Microsoft technologies, focusing on Office 365 and Azure environments.
* Provide support & error resolution for online application & tool connection issues.
* Possess a strong knowledge of SQL database administration, including database backup, restore, and maintenance.
* Possess knowledge & understanding of stopping/restarting various automated services.
* Assist clients with Dell infrastructure solutions, including servers, switches, storage area networks, Hyper-V clusters, and firewalls.
* Research, recommend and adhere to improvements in infrastructure and software installation standards; strive for optimal design and follow processes and procedures within the team.
* Assist with installations and upgrades of Dynamics GP, CRM, and SharePoint when needed.
* Produce detailed documentation of processes and resolutions.
* Provide technical training to client administrators and end-users.
* Collaborate daily with teammates to provide excellent & quick support to our clients from an IT perspective.
* Write knowledgebase articles, blogs, and other content to contribute to FMTs marketing efforts.
* Pass Microsoft certifications for Office 365 and Azure.
* Ability to work both on site and remotely to support clients.
* 2+ years in help desk, systems administration or technical IT support role.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Solid understanding of the following technologies: Office 365, Azure, Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008/2012/2016
* Understanding of other technologies including SQL, Hyper-V, VMware, VPNs, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, SharePoint, Citrix, server hardware, and IP networking.
* Ability to define, create, and complete a technical task without a great deal of guidance.
* Consulting experience preferred.
* Experience in an end-user support environment preferred.
* Ability to resolve support tickets efficiently, both remotely and by travelling on-site to a client.
* Ability to independently prioritize and manage individual time and tasks.
* Ability to quickly adapt to new requirements and changing situations, including working with multiple clients per day.
* Demonstrate the ability to comprehend & learn tasks quickly.
* Demonstrate critical thinking skills and the ability to make proper trusted decisions with little supervision
* Present a professional working manner at all times.
* Proven ability to work well with teammates, end-users and clients alike.
* Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred.
* Microsoft or other technical certifications preferred.
Some amount of overnight travel (10%) may be required for projects that are not local. Some amount of local travel (25%) may be required for supporting clients in the San Diego and surrounding area.
You can expect to be part of a dedicated and highly driven team that values innovation, customer service excellence, integrity, collaboration and passion. We have been around since 1995, enjoying 25% growth each year in the last few years, and are poised to continue our expansion. We have successfully completed over 1,000 implementations and support a base of over 350 satisfied clients in a variety of industries.
We take pride in promoting work-life balance for our team and reward high performance. Our management strongly believes in open communication and transparency proving a structured career-pathing process supporting the professional growth of our team members.
We have fun together doing team building exercises, participating in monthly happy hour events, cook-off challenges and volunteering.
About our Benefits
Our benefits package is highly competitive and comprehensive, including various health care options, immediate PTO accrual, 401K with match, bonus potential, and a fun, vibrant work culture!
If the job requirements and our company culture sound great to you, please apply directly and include your resume.
FMT Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMT Consultants, LLC may require applicants to undergo a drug screen and/or background check as a condition of employment.