IDS believes in resolving conflict and building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges to bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. We tailor solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
The IT Support Intern supports IDS International's IT efforts by liaising between our contracted third-party IT company and IDS employees, both in HQ and remote. The Intern will primarily note problems that arise with computer hardware, software, network issues, etc. and communicate them to our partner companies making sure to follow through till a solution is reached.
The ideal candidate is either a recent graduate or will be graduating Summer/Fall 2019, be able to begin work in June/July and work through the fall, and available to work at least 25 hours and a maximum of 40 hours. This position is a long-term paid internship and may lead to a permanent role based on company needs and the intern's performance.
* Manage daily operations of IT department
* Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, monitors, docking stations, etc.).
* Requesting new accounts and disabling accounts for employees.
* Manage phone and printer systems, configuring and reporting issues.
* Coordinate needs between IT company and employees (at HQ as well as remote).
* Manage IT hardware inventory and purchase new equipment as needed.
* Assist in developing new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction.
* Research new IT products and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills.
* Ability to prioritize and delegate.
* Experience with PCs and Windows operating system.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a position with IDS International, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.