IT Support Analyst - Boston
We have an exciting opportunity in Boston for an IT Support Analyst to provide a front-line technology relationship with staff on various technical issues and needs relating to hardware, software, peripherals and services.
The role is customer service-oriented, focused on being proactive in anticipating and resolving technology issues and requirements staff may experience within an Arup office and/or using the technology services provided by Digital technology, while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. This is a Level 2 support role in a typical IT support infrastructure.
You will act as client liaison for all Digital Technology related asks from staff. You will be the first line of engagement with staff to understand and address their issues and needs as it pertains to desktop issues (Windows, Office365, etc.) and infrastructure (compute, storage, network, cloud services, enterprise systems, cybersecurity, etc.) and engage and escalate to other Digital Technology teams as needed.
Digital Technology is a team of professionals collaborating globally to support and enable over 20,000 colleagues and clients.
Customer focused with a service mentality, we design and develop software, protect and run the firm's digital infrastructure, support and maintain applications and data platforms, deliver projects, manage risk, provide consultancy and partner with strategic vendors to help enable the Arup Strategy and Digital Vision.
We're committed to transforming our catalogue of technologies to provide secure, resilient services and innovative, digital tools which will enable our members to embrace new ways of working and deliver value for our firm and clients.
Skills/Experience required for the role
* An Associate Degree or equivalent Technical Certification(s) in Information Technology and prior experience working in a professional services organization
* Experience working in a regional / global organization providing desktop support services in a Microsoft environment (i.e. Windows, Active Directory, Office 365, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Anti-virus, Remote Access, etc.)
* Familiarity with IOS and Android mobile devices and Mobile Device Management tools
* Experience using a Ticketing system like ServiceNow
* High energy, motivated, open-minded and willing to embrace innovation and new technology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
* Familiarity to software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc.
* Familiarity to technical software solutions from Autodesk, Bentley, Trimble, etc.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
How can we best work with you? Whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options - including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Arup. Shaping a better world.
Closing Date: 26.06.2019
Arup provides structural engineering consultancy services.