Responsible for providing leadership and support to those directly supervised. Provide staffing to ensure operational/customer/user expected service levels are met or exceeded. Initiate corrective action and solutions to production software and hardware problems. Provide operational input, and develop strategies to meet technical project objectives. Coordinates the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in the support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects.
The internal functions of the position require monitoring of specific technology as well as support and maintenance of company hardware while maintaining predetermined user service level agreements.
Position will require the individual to interface with vendors that support equipment for problem determination/resolution. Position also requires individual to develop and document new procedures and standards as required by business activities, which includes close ties with other IT groups. Clear and timely communication (verbal and written) is expected to both staff and senior management.
* Develop and schedule the staff required to meet the production shift requirements
* Ensure that all daily operational activities are successfully completed. Escalation of all problems per established processes
* Address service tickets daily. Insure all processing is completed on time according to SLA
* Review critical issues that have been escalated and ensure the conditions have been responded to by the responsible support teams
* Insure ad-hoc requests are received, review, and acted upon in a timely manner in accordance to the request
* Work with central patching team to insure device patch processing is executed in the most efficient way possible
* Assemble and oversee initial incident support teams
* Train staff member to quickly recognize and escalate critical events that could result in outages
* Insure Support Teams are engaged for incident resolution
* Track incidents and escalate
* Train and update staff to use the device configuration management software
* Insure staff is proficient with the tools
* Identify efficiencies in use of the tools
* Insure device image standards are deployed consistently
* Engage engineering teams to ensure image standards
* Maintain device deployment standards and procedures
* Collaborates with others throughout IT to ensure timely and successful issue resolution
* Build and maintain department metrics, as required
* Identifies new methods of improving system performance and stability
* Conflict Management
* Written Communication
* Problem Solving
* Customer Focus
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Motivating Others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Five years of experience supporting client services, processes, and capabilities in a distributed corporate environment.
* Strong technical working knowledge and hands-on experience with PC and mobile devices, mid-tier hardware, and operating systems; including knowledge of networks, and network concepts of a large geographically dispersed support organization.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
* Two years of leadership experience is required.
* Technical orientation balanced by project management discipline. Able to supervise analysts, consultants, non-technical business resources and external vendor resources.
* Five years of experience with configuration management software. Experience with SCCM is preferred.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and executive leadership.
* Experience in risk identification and management.
* Experience working for a national retailer with multiple stores preferred.
* A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
* Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Some travel may be required.
PREFERRED SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
* Solid understanding of retail dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment.
* Working experience with WSUS, SCCM, and Service Now.
* Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Visio
* Understanding of Change Management concepts
* Prior experience managing Critical Incidents and Events
* Hands-on knowledge of device configuration, device imaging, and client security.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Job frequent requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Indicate positions (list of job titles) directly supervised by this position.
Technical Coordinator I
Technical Coordinator II
Technical Coordinator III
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.