Auto req ID: 2051
Title: IT Sr Project Mgr
Job Function: Information Technology
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can't do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen. This isn't just any company. And yours isn't just any career. It's part of your story. Write it with us and make it legendary.
Located just outside of the heart of DFW, and in one of the fastest growing suburbs, the Plano, Texas office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It serves as the main hub for HDFS' Commercial Finance business, and also houses employees representing Rider Services, Underwriting, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, Accounting, Compliance, Human Resources, Global Information Services, Communications, and Legal. Join our team as a IT Sr Project Mgr.
This position is responsible for the building and leading teams of IS and end-user representatives in a matrix organization to effectively deliver technology solutions and business applications to meet project objectives. This role leads and manages large to complex project(s) in support of business strategies. Effectively manages the quality, schedule and cost of the project(s) to ensure we meet the Conditions of Success outlined in project objectives. Participates in the staff selection process in partnership with Supplier Management Office (SMO) and Suppliers to ensure capable and competent resources; may also manage Supplier tasks and teams. Manage and monitor project risks and issues while effectively communicating to project team, IS leadership and business stakeholders.
* Responsible for preparing project work estimates, resource plans and project plans.
* Responsible for managing the established Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for project roles and responsibilities.
* Performs in a leadership role as a member of the project organization and governance team, while being responsible for delivering project metrics and established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Provides leadership through coaching and mentoring of team members that result in high performing teams in an effective and efficient delivery of systems solutions.
* Build relationships and engage with internal and external users of the assigned projects.
* Actively support and contribute to the development and consistent use of ITIL processes and tools across the IT.
* Collaborate across peer groups to achieve positive results and support their efforts and able to work with multiple cross-functional teams across multiple business units.
* Ensure execution of continuous improvement cost reduction opportunities and trailing cost elimination.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Management or a related discipline is preferred.
* Master's degree is a plus.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience, with a proven record of accomplishment in planning, managing, and delivering information systems and services.
* Extensive relevant work experience, including management of teams and projects.
* Provides resources with information required to do an effective job and make the best possible decisions.
* Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
* Relates well to people at all levels both inside and outside the organization. Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Team-oriented with collaborative environment leadership skills and executive presence.
* Facilitation and project management skills, as well as the ability to apply those skills formally and informally and at the senior leadership level.
* Superior analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong skills and experience in issue resolution and managing to stringent timelines for project deliverables.
* Five or more years of direct management of applications or services.
* Ability to manage teams across a global environment and 3rd party partner services.
* Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project methodology.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
* Be accountable
* Model Integrity
* Value Individuality and Diversity
* Inspire Teamwork
* Encourage Creativity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)