We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization - from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and help desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
As an IT Specialist, you will serve as the expert for supporting ALDI's Workforce Management software. You will be a part of an already established team, supporting employee time clock systems (punching IN and OUT), and payroll processing at a national level. The ideal candidate will have experience working with SQL, writing queries, and extracting data that is requested by internal business users. Candidates must have a technical aptitude for troubleshooting software systems and the drive to become an expert in assigned areas of responsibility.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provides first and second level technical support of payroll and time keeping solutions.
* Identifies issues in WFM software and develops suggested process improvements.
* Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issues through full and timely resolution.
* Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
* Participates in the overall maintenance of existing software solutions, including training and the deployment of changes and upgrades.
* Troubleshoots IT related issues and performs root cause analysis.
* Creates documentation, technical writing and provides end user training.
* Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
* Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in Microsoft Excel.
* Experience finding application solutions, with the technical skills to investigate and resolve issues.
* Experience performing application support, hardware support, middleware support.
* Demonstrated testing and QA experience.
* A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Foundational SQL, advanced SQL skills preferred.
* Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services preferred.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
* Effective time and resource management; maximizes productivity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
* Availability to travel, as needed (up to 5%).
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* Industry-leading Wages
* Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
* Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
* 401(k) Plan
* Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
* Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.