Help Duties Summary
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
WHAT DOES AN IT SPECIALIST (SYSTEMS ANALYSIS) DO? This Information Technology Specialist serves as a senior expert and consultant to top agency management officials, the employee advises on integrating Information Technology (IT) programs with other business programs of equivalent complexity within the IRS. In this role, you will be involved in the development of new theories, concepts, principles, standards, and methods in IT systems analysis. You will be called upon to advise other IT experts throughout Treasury and the IRS, and in other agencies, on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, principles, standards, methods, or practices that are developed either by you or others within the organization.
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION: The mission of Information Technology (IT) is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
35 Positions are located throughout Information Technology Division to be filled in any of the following locations:
Fresno CA, Washington DC, Atlanta GA, Covington KY, Chamblee GA, Philadelphia PA, Charlotte NC, Holtsville NY, Kansas City MO, Lanham-Seabrook MD, Detroit MI, Memphis TN, Austin TX, Farmers Branch TX, Ogden UT and/or Kearneysville, WV.
Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (Systems Analysis) you will:
* Negotiate for the acceptance of agency positions on key government wide systems analysis initiatives.
* Develop guidelines for implementing broad government wide directives.
* Align agency internal business practices with government wide regulations IRM, Treasury directives and policies.
* Lead the evaluation of agency missions, goals, plans, programs, and business processes to develop an enterprise IT architecture plan for the agency.
* Conduct continuing evaluations of agency business needs to ensure that IT architecture plans are aligned with those needs and that the current and planned IT infrastructure supports the architecture plan.
* Develop plans and strategies to modify the IT infrastructure architecture to support short and long-range agency goals, objectives, and plans.
* Evaluate, select, and advise others on the application of architecture modeling tool sets used to document, maintain, and enhance the architectural planning process.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel May Be Required 1-5 Nights Per Month
Who May Apply This job is open to… US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
* Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
* Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-15 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving, Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
Examples of qualifying experience would include those assignments which demonstrate planning and coordinating company-wide implementations of process improvement methods and concepts to improve the quality of software products; Serving as the principle advocate within the company for the application of process improvement concepts and practices; and Consulting with senior specialists and IT managers throughout the company in the implementation of process improvement practices.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.