Partners Data Systems
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Responsible for analyzing, designing, configuring, and installing new components and replacement of the company's existing network infrastructure and server components while performing a wide variety of tasks; evaluation, implementation planning, and training to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assemble, configure and install network servers, workstations and all other network peripherals
* Install and configure operating system and application software on network servers and workstations
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings; DNS, Security, IP Routing, VPN, and Telephony services
* Configure and setup firewall appliances for access to vital business applications
* Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
* Troubleshoot computing systems, networks, and applications to identify malfunctions and assist with designing implementation plan to correct them
* The administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users during new site delivery
* Provide direction, information, and recommend network configurations and installations
* Utilize good judgment within company policies and procedures to complete established goals and maintain flexibility to allow changes
* Provide both phone and onsite network support with after hours and weekend support during new site delivery
* Assist with developing new product evaluation and testing criteria
* 3 - 5 years' networking experience
* Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
* Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
* Ability to work independently and communicate within a team environment
* Knowledge of TCP/IP implementation and support
* Knowledge of routing protocols, network security, switching, VPN and VLAN's
* Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds for extended distances
* Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V experience a plus
* Ability to travel as needed
* Associates Degree or equivalent education and experience required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
* Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Facilitation and change management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Works well both alone or in a team setting
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
About the Infrastructure
Technology at Invenergy consists of a modern, cutting edge IT environment primarily running the Microsoft stack but always utilizing best of breed hardware and software solutions. The core infrastructure utilizes virtual server technology supporting over 500 on-premise and cloud-based hosts and over 200 on-premise, physical hosts located in 40 data centers around the world. Core switching and routing is with industry best equipment and connected via a hybrid of enterprise MPLS, site-to-site VPNs, and private circuits. We are utilizing some of the most advanced cyber security tools and approaches available to help keep our environment safe and protected. We employ SaaS solutions for rapid solution delivery and virtual desktop infrastructure to support 24/7 operations requirements. As we continue to grow, we continue to strategically look for new solutions to enhance Invenergy's IT solutions.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.