Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) II Network Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer's Virtual Platforms presence wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains. The SME serves as a definitive source of knowledge, technique, or expertise. The SME performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications. The SME develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation; develops risk management and mitigation strategy; and maintains compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. The SME will have experience in reviewing Mission related change requirements such as Requests for Change (RFCs) and approved Change Requests (CRQs) and determining impacts on Transport activities across the Enterprise while providing Technical solutions and cost impacts. Experience in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis is also required.
* Focus will be on Subject Matter Expert (Virtual Platforms)
* Design and implement a single, scalable integrated virtual platform capability across existing customer data centers.
* Examine and develop requirements with all stakeholders.
* Review various design options and recommend best solution for implementation.
* Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
* Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
* Provide concurrence on decisions or recommendations by assigned suspense.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, scenarios, business analysis and test/workflow analysis.
* Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements.
* Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams).
* Lead requirement analysis and verification, ensuring requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and they conform to standards.
* Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the review process.
* Identify requirement errors and defects, and write response statements to appropriate owners/organizations.
* Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
* Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
* Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices.
* Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
* Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
* Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
* Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI
* Network design and engineering (Advanced Level)
* Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
* Ability to estimate labor needed to complete planning, engineering, procurement, and installation of complex Enterprise Transport solutions
* Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities
* Proficient is MS Office suite - Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
* Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
* An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several hardware/software development life cycles in a team environment
* Knowledge of product management concepts and how Enterprise network products are positioned and implemented
* Travel up to 10% of time
* 12+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
* 8+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
* 4+ years demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise-scale multiple virtual platform capabilities in classified environments
* Thorough understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud solutions.
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
* Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
* Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
* Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
* Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
* Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast
Current TS/SCI with eligibility for CI Polygraph
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Equivalent experience in lieu of degree
Desired Educations (including Major):
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* CompTIA Security +
* CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
* AWS certification
* MS Azure certification
* ITIL v3 Foundations
* ISC2 CISSP
This position requires a U.S. Person.
139263BR 139263 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.