SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT Services Technician II
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT Services Technician with strong knowledge and experience in world class IT service delivery. Candidates must have experience working in organizations capable of meeting the demanding needs of "high caliber engineers" and supporting critical operations such as launch and mission operations and 24x7 manufacturing operations. This team delivers the complete life cycle of IT services for the staff at SpaceX, from on boarding and set up, to upgrade, installation, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of hardware and software solutions, asset recovery and protection. This team also has architectural responsibilities in the areas of end user computer infrastructure, printing, and conference room technologies.
The person in this position must have strong overall IT technical skills, while also having excellent customer services/interaction skills and superior organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
* Provide 1st and 2nd tier support to SpaceX employees.
* Install and configure computers, telephones, and other common technology/devices for new and existing SpaceX employees.
* Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX IT systems for upgrades and maintenance.
* Support SpaceX with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure systems.
* Have the ability to take on higher-level strategic projects when tactical projects stall. Areas can include network administration, systems administration, high-performance computing, information security, etc.
* Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms that non-technical people can understand.
* 3+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, printers, software, and IP networks within a mid to large enterprise environment.
* Experience supporting Microsoft technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Associate's or bachelor's degree in technical field.
* A+, Network+, MCSE, and other technical certifications preferred but not required.
* Working knowledge of audio visual equipment.
* Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
* Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently.
* Motivated self-starter personality; able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions.
* Due to the high visibility of this position, excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills are highly desired.
* Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
* Must be willing to work extended hours and overtime as needed.
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.