"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a IT Services Engineer in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
* Provide help desk assistance to DHS customers with IT needs
* Provide technical assistance to customers as necessary
* Coordinate with help desk technicians/management as necessary to ensure customer requires are met
* Provide IT support for customer nationwide
* Prepare and deploy IT equipment to field customers to ensure that they are able to complete their duties
* Perform work on special projects to support the Customer Support Team
* Conduct off-site inventories of IT equipment
* Assist customers with File Transfer needs, ensuring documentation is properly completed
* Creation/updating of documentation for technical knowledge bases when new issues/solution arise
* Limited travel to various sites in the National Capital Region (NCR)
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* Typically requires a BS degree in a computer field from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of related experience, or a MS degree in a computer field and seven (7) to ten (10) years of related experience, or PhD and two (2) to five (5) years of related experience.* Progressive and relevant education, training and/or certification(s) may be substituted for a portion of the degree and experience requirements.
* Proficient with Microsoft Operations Systems, Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7
* Proficient with Microsoft Operation Systems, Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, and 2012
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Editions, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2016
* Proficient with hardware/software upgrading, replacement and migration
* Proficient with Active Directory, Q-Directory, Desktop Direction, Active Roles, Microsoft Exchange and CITRIX Provisioning
* Familiar with basic wireless and basic networking as well as basic/advanced troubleshooting
* Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
* Knowledge and experience of Office 365
* Knowledge and experience trouble ticketing within Remedy
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.