Information Technology Service Engineer perform technical and skilled duties in the support & operation of corporate enterprise, web based, client/server and desktop computer systems and networks. Included are multiple real-time network systems, telecommunications, laptops, desktops and servers, mobile & smart devices, as well as peripheral equipment.
Responsible for providing and delivering first and second level customer support and assistance to all customers across MG companies for all Information Technology problem resolution and installation requests. Utilizes and optimizes available technology, processes and systems to provide the highest quality of service. Actively demonstrates and delivers superior professionalism, timeliness and efficiency in all customer service interactions with the goal of maintaining high customer satisfaction. Thoroughly understands and follows IT Policies, Guidelines and Procedures, as well as IT Security Protocols. Requires minimum supervision, self-motivated and communicates clearly and effectively with customers, peers and management at all levels.
* Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
* Provided on-site or remote support and troubleshooting for technology products and applications
* Process all IT Requests for new users including the setup /image, install of desktop equipment.
* Performs & monitors data back-up processes and data recovery procedures.
* Monitors, tracks and works all tickets in the incident tracking system.
* Thoroughly understands IT operational procedures, Incident & Request, Projects and Change management.
* Troubleshoots software and hardware to maintain high levels of performance & uptime
* Insures system security and administration protocols are implemented and followed.
* Monitors environmental equipment (air conditioning, humidity and temperature of computer equipment).
* Performed set-up, breakdown, and transport of computer equipment on an as-needed basis.
* Assists customers and resolves problems with computer hardware and software.
* Coordinates and schedules work with technology service providers.
* Review and updates Information Technology documentation.
* May be assigned as a lead on Infrastructure & Operations projects.
* Plans, Builds and Installs hardware & software packages.
* Supports small, medium and large scale technology installs - new facilities
* Monitor and administration of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Hyper-V, or VMware
* Set up of Helpdesk and Inventory Software (Manage Engine ServiceDesk Plus)
* Monitor and restore from Backup system (Veeam backup, Barracuda Cloud, SQL, Symantec Backup, and site replication)
* Trouble shoot, maintain and configure GPO policy management for deploy software, drive mapping and printer driver
* Install, configure and modify hardware and software to ensure optimal performance
* Administration of Antivirus software (Symantec Endpoint server deployment, Symantec Cloud and MacAfee virus scan enterprise server deployment)
* Expert in IT Hardware & Software Architectures
* Expert in Enterprise & Device Operating Systems - MS, Linux, Android, Apple
* Expert in Network operating systems and concepts
* Strong Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library "ITIL"
* Significant Experience with virus Symantec Cloud protection.
* Significant Experience with malware defense and remediation technologies.
* Strong understanding of software and hardware life cycle(s).
* Expert in MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office & Primary Desktop Apps
* Communicate clearly and concisely with others, verbally and in writing
* Ability to work independently, self-managed, organized and driven
* Professional image and grooming
* Self-confidence and strong interpersonal skills
* Expert Analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong Communication (both verbal and written) skills
* Strong Planning and organizing skills
* Strong administration & time management skills
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. Must be able to manage several different tasks at once. Demonstrates initiative and positive attitude.
* High School Diploma - 4 Year Degree Desired.
* At least 5 + years as IT technical engineer or other job related work experience.
* Technical training certificates required: Microsoft certification in Windows OS, AD, Exchange, WAN/LAN, Cisco HW/SW, A+, Network +, Virtual Technologies
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Works in various environments: (Office Buildings, Construction Sites, & Data Centers).