Learning Tree International
Provide remote and on-site hands-on technical support for computer hardware/software, operating systems and applications. Identify, document, research, resolve, escalate, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. Train End-Users for effective use of off-the-shelf and Learning Tree specific applications. This position is located in our Herndon, VA office and is not a remote position.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve 1st and 2nd tier end-user technical problems in a customer service-oriented, team environment.
* Build, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair computer equipment/peripherals including desktops, laptops and printers.
* Install, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain and troubleshoot software applications and Operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS.
* Follow up on problems and requests and provide timely updates to requestors and management.
* Create and maintain technical, end-user, inventory and other documentation as directed.
* Prioritize a wide array of service requests.
* Prepare and manage activity and progress reports for management.
* Work in close coordination and cooperation with all other departments.
* Associates degree (or equivalent) in a business or technical discipline.
* Minimum of 3 years customer-focused work experience that demonstrates progressive responsibility and growth in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of PC hardware/peripherals, Microsoft Office application software, Windows desktop operating systems and networking fundamentals are required.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are required.
* Experience with Mac OS X is required.
* A+, Network+, MCP, MOUS, HDI certifications are all pluses.
* Experience with MS Windows 7 and Windows 10, MS Office 2016, MS Outlook/Exchange, O365 and SCCM is required.
* Must have a proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
* Must have the ability to recognize customer competence levels and approach each level appropriately.
* Must have a customer service attitude, be patient and flexible.
* Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
* Must be a fast learner and a problem solver.
* Must have a valid driver's license and available transportation for support of remote facilities.
Customer Satisfaction, Problem Solving and Analysis, Interpersonal Relationships.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Office; Computer; Desks; Lifting items (up to 30 lbs.); Ability to drive self to remote facilities as required
Working at Learning Tree
We offer an attractive benefits package that includes a PPO medical plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We have a match on the 401k plan, PTO, on-going training, education reimbursement and a business casual dress code. We are a great place to work! We encourage people with disabilities and veteran status to apply. Learning Tree International is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
About Learning Tree International
Learning Tree International develops, markets, and delivers a library of instructor-led classroom courses for professional development needs of information technology (IT) professionals and managers.