Okta is seeking a technical hands-on Service Desk Manager to lead a diverse team of global IT folks in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This role will be responsible for ensuring the team is highly focused on the customer experience side of IT, while meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, compliance standards and defined processes. You’ll help drive a culture of detail focused, speedy/accurate work and drive the team to our goal of a meaningful first reply to all requests within one business day. Help us move from reactive to proactive focused team, all whilst keeping things light and fun!
- Mentor and lead a global IT service desk team by setting, demonstrating and instilling a culture of experience driven interactions and processes
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the service desk workload/performance; identify trends in requests/issues allowing you to devise/implement preventative solutions to technical issues
- Ensure that staff provides timely and considerate customer service to end users by fielding requests and resolving technical issues
- Ensure an impressive ‘day one experience’ is had by all new hires by driving accurate provisioning of hardware, systems/user access and desk configuration
- Own asset management on a global scale: order, track and maintain company-issued equipment
- Define/refine operational procedures/processes/documentation and implement globally allowing for efficient scaling
- Learn from and educate peers in support of our open, collaborative culture
- Ensure compliance on all regulated processes via education of staff, auditing of your teams efforts and participating in both internal and external audits
- Manage global escalations and drive long term resolution for repeat issues
- Drive career development opportunities for your team while ensuring efficient and productive work from each staff member as they learn
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s in computer science, MIS or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience and 2 years in a management role
- Deep understanding of SaaS based environments, user/license management
- Experience working in a public/regulated environment (SOX, FedRAMP, ISO)
- Experience managing Service Desk in multiple locations/time zones
- A genuine interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and managerial/communications skills, a detail-oriented work ethic
- Willing to work after hours on occasion for critical projects
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment
- Up to 10% travel required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Okta, Inc.
Provide secure identity management and single sign-on to any application, whether in the cloud, on-premises or on a mobile device for your employees, partners and customers with Okta.