The Network Service Desk Analysts role within our IT Infrastructure Consulting group provides you with a unique opportunity to be a part of our dynamic practice. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for individuals who seek roles that expose them to all facets of infrastructure including engineering, technology, design and business. Our team is composed of smart, self-motivated individuals who thrive in a cohesive and results-oriented environment and enjoy the challenge of real responsibility. As a Network Service Desk Analyst, you will work directly with our highly trained consultants and have access to a large cross-section of engagements and projects that develop your I.T career. You will use your strong analytical skills to develop quality solutions to meet client requirement.
Profile: The Network Service Desk Analyst consultant provides remote technical support to our external managed serve clients. This position requires a strong technical skillset, great customer service skills, and the desire to learn. These skills will be used in a fast-paced, fun, team oriented environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide phone and email technical support to end-users to resolve any hardware or software issues
* Support and troubleshoot workstations, server and network related issues
* Perform systems administration for Office 365, Windows Servers, and workstations across multiple customers
* Monitor and troubleshoot client backups
* Escalate customer issues through the proper channels
* Manage cases according to defined severities and case priorities
* Maintain client security levels and confidentiality of information
* Clearly document support issues and all steps performed in RSM's ticketing system
* Monitor trends from reported client cases to isolate possible chronic issues for software, workstation, server or network infrastructure that indicate failing hardware or software corruption
* Update cases and communicate with clients daily or as required until issue is closed
* 2 years of experience working on a technical helpdesk or equivalent Network administration role.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in software and hardware troubleshooting on laptops, desktops, servers and network equipment
* Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA) and Network+ Certification preferred but not required
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited 4-year school is a plus
* Experience with Office 365 and associated workloads including Email and SharePoint
* Experience with firewalls, such as Cisco, Sonicwall and Meraki
* Experience with VMWare ESX hosts and vSphere Client for administration
* Experience with remote solutions, such as Citrix, Terminal Server and VPN
* Experience with Apple Hardware and MAC OS X
* Experience with enterprise mobile devices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Highly customer focused with ability to provide consistently excellent customer service and professionalism
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to quickly assess situations to pinpoint the scope/source of technical issues in a fast paced environment
* Must be dependable and able to work both individually and in a team environment
* Must possess strong sense of ownership of client relationships
* Positively represent the company to clients and provide empathetic and friendly customer service at all times
* Must have competent knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols and LAN networking/distributed computing environments (client/server)Working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory Group Policies and Replication
* Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills to manage case load of old and new cases in individual case queue
* Working knowledge of common off the shelf applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.) and basic troubleshooting knowledge for those applications
* Navigation of common mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9564
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: TC MITS Inf MITS
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req9564
Location: One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.