Requisition ID: 215273
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As part of Global Cloud Services (GCS) organization, the Platform and Systems Ops (PSO) department is responsible for operating and managing the SAP internal GMP IaaS platforms to run the PaaS/SaaS solutions from various Cloud LoBs - SAP Cloud Platform (CP), Integrated Business Planning (IBP), BusinessbyDesign (BYD) etc. GMP is the largest and most critical productive IaaS platforms in different SAP DCs world-wide. It is up most critical to safeguard GMP IaaS platform to have zero-outage and minimize MTTR (mean-time-to-repair) in case of outage in the worst case
As an operation leader of GMP IaaS platform you are responsible to ensure rocks-solid operation and meeting the MTTR (mean-time-to-repair) target from end2end vertically (compute-> storage-> network), driving automation, quality improvement and optimization of the operation process and execution. The leader must be able to work functional silos (network, backup, compute, storage) and other organization units (architecture, design and engineering) to drive values to Cloud LoBs and external customers. He must be able to discuss, negotiate and come up the best solutions for the interest of SAP.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Accountable for general operations of GMP IaaS platforms operational planning, execution, quality of execution, automation, budget and headcount.
* Coach, mentor, manage the teams to drive performance
* Drive & optimize budget and resource allocation as well as organizational excellence of the unit
* Build & maintain strong networks to successfully collaborate with all major stakeholders
* Managing and meeting the SLA of the internal delivery to ensure high availability and optimum performance of the GMP
* Improving Stability, drive quality improvement and RCA implementation to meet MTTR target
* Negotiate, discuss and propose best solution jointly with Cloud LOB for the interest of the company
* Drive Change and Innovation and lead the transformation following the SAP Cloud Strategy
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Degree or Master in computer science/engineering or related subject
* Excellent communication (fluent in English) and people development skills
* Strong leadership and project management skills; strong orientation towards results
* Integrity, excellent team player, self-motivated, passionate and highly driven, long-term commitment
* Calm and composed in the critical situation, make timely decision in all situations
* Ability to work well in a multicultural and multinational environment
* Strong customer focus, emphatic and good listening skill, to understand the needs and present the best proposal for the company
* Life-long learner with keen curiosity to learn diverse technology topics and beyond, and able to connect the dots, adapt and continuously improve
* A change driver and catalyst, experienced in transforming an organization be a fast moving, adaptive and innovative organization
* 15+ years of diverse working experience in application development AND infrastructure operation (hypervisor, network, storage)
* 10+ years of people management experience
* Minimum 10 years experienced in managing multiple global projects and teams across 3 regions (America, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific)
* Proven technical ability in managing a group of diverse technical skilled staff
* Hands-on experience of managing hyper-scale and complex cloud infrastructure operations, preferably as SRE (Site-reliability-engineering), DevOps or Cloud operation in one of the public cloud providers (AMAZON AWS, GOOGLE GCP, Microsoft Azure)
* Experienced in managing complex stakeholder expectations with win-win solutions
* Experienced in presenting complex concept/proposal in an easy-understand format to upper management (SVP/EVP and Board)
* Experienced in injecting "agile" principles to the operation and demonstrate results
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: America, Germany or Singapore
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.