Chuck E. Cheese (CEC Entertainment)
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
The CEC Information Technology team is responsible for the information technology operations for Chuck E Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza locations. The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for design, build, and last line of escalation for all technology enabled systems and platforms within a diverse technology stack. The IT Systems Engineer plays an important role in the day-to-day technology availability of Chuck E. Cheese and Peter Piper restaurants by designing and building systems that are continually monitored, patched, and available for our business guests. The engineer selected for this position will have the ability to build strong relationships within the IT organization and with business stakeholders, while being able to manage and support CEC's core and restaurant-based technology infrastructure.
The senior systems engineer works with CEC's server / computing network, using information technology to ensure the stability and use of all server-based systems for employees and store locations. These systems include services that are local to the restaurant as well as enterprise-based services which include the management of server OS, maintenance, patching, DNS, DHCP, and other interdependent systems. Engineering, in many cases, will include working with third party providers and other internal teams to ensure systems are built efficiently and adhering to all SLAs.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design and build of Windows based servers and imaging of end user computer devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, et al.)
* Under minimal direction, responsible for activities related to system engineering and design
* Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, system processes, hardware, and review of system and application logs.
* Provide day to day administration for production and test hardware, OS, software, and operations issues.
* Daily interactions with Network Engineering peers to effectively build new technology solutions
* Responsible for daily backup monitoring and management.
* Some travel as needed to remote data centers and other offices.
* Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computing hardware and software in compliance with standards.
* Support the activities of the IT Team as an active and supportive team member.
* 3rd tier support for all Help Desk escalated support issues.
* Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
* Participate in bridge calls as necessary.
* Participation in the design, architecture, rollout, and maintenance of corporate technology initiatives and projects and/or perform additional department duties as required.
* Maintain accurate information within server management tools, systems, and the CMDB.
* Minimum 10 years of information technology experience with at least five (5) of those years to include hands-on system administrator experience.
* Minimum 3 years hands on experience with route/switch, voice collaboration.
* Minimum 2 or more years of experience with wireless networks and network security appliances.
* Must exhibit excellent problem-solving skills and be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality.
* You have a mastery of Windows 2008/2012. (5+ years)
* Ability to configure servers for different functions (Roles, Applications, et al.)
* Mastery of hardware and software patching utilizing various tools
* Experience with server and desktop imaging products.
* Follow company Change Management process for all changes to production systems, including documenting all changes made to systems.
* Ability and willingness to work irregular hours as required to maintain the infrastructure and hosted services without interrupting core business operations or functionality, including scheduled weekend maintenance windows and on-call rotation.
* Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, can multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
* Ability to work responsibly with or without direct supervision, with a proven ability to prioritize and multitask with exceptional attention to detail.
* Ability to support and engineer solutions for the following hardware:
o Windows PC's and laptops
o Mac devices
o Apple Tablets
o Intel/Windows Servers
o Enterprise Storage infrastructure including supporting fiber channel network infrastructure
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to discuss technical issues with all levels of personnel globally
* Self-initiative and self-motivated
* Flexibility in schedule for working with a global team
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a diversified skill set and good decision making
* Strong work ethic, interpersonal and team-building orientations
* Adaptability to time pressures & changing priorities
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Strong experience with Server Management tools
* ITIL v3 certification
Education: University degree with emphasis in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Network or a closely related field with course work in technology-related subjects, preferred but not required.
Certifications: A+ certification, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, and related certifications preferred
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 - 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8 hour shift, with frequent overtime.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of more than 605 Chuck E. Cheese's stores located in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories, and a system of more than 149 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a "Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow" employer.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
About Chuck E. Cheese (CEC Entertainment)
Chuck E. Cheese's features games, rides, prizes, food and entertainment that children of all ages will love.