Overview of the Role
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) Global supports our network of national member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity function is responsible for the firm's overall objectives of enhancing data protection, standardizing and securing critical infrastructure and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. The Cybersecurity organization delivers a comprehensive set of cybersecurity services to Deloitte member firms through regional delivery hubs and a Global Fusion Center. We are seeking a Senior Manager, Security Policies and Standard Exception Management to join the team.
The position reports to the Security Policies and Standards Director. The role should meet the objectives and mission of the Cybersecurity organization with a primary focus on leading the team responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on security policy and standards exception requests.
As part of the Global Cybersecurity team, this professional will have the following responsibilities:
* Lead development of security policies and standards exception management process
* Set future direction and lead continuous improvement of security policies and standards exception management process
* Support the development of security policies and standards exception management automation and tooling and continued enhancement
* Lead the formation and management of Security Policies and Standards Exception Management team
* Prioritize and assign exception requests to team members
* Oversee timely and quality performance of exception evaluations, recommendations, and reports
* Present exception recommendations to senior cybersecurity, risk, and technology leadership
* Establish and report on exception management performance metrics
* Develop and maintain relationships with senior cybersecurity, technology, legal, and risk leaders within DTTL and its member firms
* Develop and maintain relationships with primary exceptions management leaders in member firms
* Lead security policies and standards exception management working group and participate in cybersecurity and risk working groups as required
Expectations from the Professional
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters and our aspiration is to be the undisputed leader in professional services. At the root of these goals are our Shared Values, which describe the distinctive Deloitte culture. Our Values are timeless, all-encompassing and embrace the cultures in which Deloitte member firms operate. We expect all professionals to live our purpose and shared values and be the brand ambassadors holding Deloitte Global and member firms together.
At Deloitte, everything we do starts with integrity. In our marketplace, nothing is more important than our reputation and, accordingly, we commit to conducting business with honesty, distinctive quality, and high levels of professional behavior.
Outstanding value to markets and clients
We play a critical role in helping both the capital markets and our member firm clients operate more effectively. We consider this role a privilege, and we know it requires constant vigilance and unrelenting commitment.
Commitment to each other
We are proud of our culture of borderless collegiality and work hard to support our people. We strive to create an inclusive environment that reflects our strong, clear expectations about diversity, respect, and fair treatment.
Strength from cultural diversity
Our member firm clients' business challenges are complex and benefit from the innovation and varied perspectives that our practitioners bring. We understand that working with people of different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles helps our people grow into better professionals and leaders.
* Bachelor's degree: degree in business administration, a technology-related field, or equivalent education-related experience
* Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in the Information Security / Cybersecurity domain with a focus on cybersecurity governance and risk management
* At least five years' experience holding a management and leadership role
* At least three years' experience in leading a team responsible for security policies and standards exception management
* Experience with ServiceNow, Archer, or other exceptions management tools is preferable
* Experience in building an exception management process and seeing it grow from an immature state to a mature state is preferable
* Professional security management certification desirable, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate strategic information security topics, policies and standards as well as risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels
* Strong leadership and management skills with ability to manage a global team
* Sound knowledge of business management and an expert knowledge of information / cybersecurity risk management and governance
* Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, and NIST, including 800-53 and the Cybersecurity Framework
* Experience interacting, presenting and working with C-level executives (CEO, CIO, etc.)
* Ability to travel as needed up to 20%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE19GLBGTS006JD1698