(This is an internal Corporate IT position NOT consulting.)
Seeking an outstanding IT Security Manager with experience leading a team of security engineers. The IT Security Manager will be responsible for simultaneously executing numerous security-related projects which are varied and complex in nature.
The IT Security Manager role is a hybrid role that encompasses a variety of responsibilities including all aspects of physical and data security and managing the security engineering team. The IT Security Manager works collaboratively with all other infrastructure teams including the network, governance and risk, storage, system administration, and corporate facilities teams. This position coordinates and manages all day to day operations within IT Security. As part of the Infrastructure team, the IT Security Manager is responsible for the development, design and execution of the 5-year roadmap set by senior management. This includes proactive and reactive measures to minimize all threats related to data and network security. The IT Security Manager works under limited or no supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision making on assignments of diverse scope.
The IT Security Manager provides support to the infrastructure teams and data center activities including installation, upgrades, automation, monitoring, and/or administration activities. Will research and implement system enhancements that will improve efficiency, performance, availability, redundancy and reliability of the system, install and configure new hardware/software, coordinate systems planning such as upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Analyzes and resolves system issues. Systems referenced include data center components, such as, but not limited to servers, networking components, along with the technologies used to manage these devices.
The IT Security Manager will work closely with the GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance) team on all IT related audits and alignment to security frameworks. In addition, supports the GRC team on technical topics as needed for our ISO 27001, ISO 22301, HIPAA and SOX certifications.
KEY RESPONSIBITIES INCLUDE:
* Provides strategic vision and lead a team of engineers responsible for all aspects of IT security across the organization * Identify and manages security projects to improve efficiencies and controls * Manage and update security roadmap and strategy * Develop, manage and improve a comprehensive information security risk-based program that will identify appropriate security controls for the environment. * Buildouts, Mergers and Acquisitions * Mentor others within the IT organization, and at times assist in leading other team members * Vendor Relations * Assess current technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses and improvements * Capital & Expense Planning * Policy & Procedure Development * Capacity Planning * Manage confidential security incidents and investigations * Inventory & Asset Management
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously * Self-motivated and amazing follow through needed * Ability to analyze issues and provide solutions with no supervision * Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations * Strong verbal/written skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal business groups, operations teams, technical engineering teams, internal audit, regulators, and senior management * Exceptional organization and time management skills, with the ability to work under restrictions/deadlines
Intermediate proficiency in:
* All Operating systems * Architectural drawings * Budgeting
* Networking and routing protocols * IT systems design and best practices * Project management * Server and Networking hardening * Ethical based hacking
Self-motivation and drive to see projects to completion
* 8-10 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments * 2-4 years of leading and managing
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience * CISSP, CISM, or similar certifications preferred
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
About Huron Consulting Group
Huron Consulting Group is a global professional services firm.