The Information Technology Security Engineer will be a member of the Information Technology Security Engineering team reporting to the Information Technology Security Engineering Manager. Responsibilities include the implementation of security engineering technologies to protect the corporate Information Technology environment. The role is a hands-on technologist role, serving as a technical lead and subject matter expert for the implementation, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of all information security technologies used to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business processes within the corporate enterprise.
Technology platforms supported include:
* CheckPoint firewall infrastructure (URL filtering, Application Control, IDS/IPS, VPN/SSLvpn, SmartSuite)
* F5 Technologies (Local Traffic Manager, Access Policy Manager, Application Security Manager)
* Security Information Event Management platforms (SIEM)
* Endpoint detection and response (EDR) technologies
This position will require involvement in the following activities:
* Installation, support and troubleshooting of next generation information security hardware and software platforms
* Continuously improve and expand existing security technologies
* Coordinate and provide technical support to application teams and business partners
* Respond to and resolve security incidents as required
* Contribute to the continual enhancement of Ace Hardware's Information Technology security infrastructure program through the expansion and enforcement of governance, core processes and organizational awareness
* Contribute to the vision and strategy for enterprise security networking solutions
What you need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree with a focus in Cyber Security or related Computer Science program required
* Professional security qualification or certifications preferred but not required, such as SSCP, GIAC, GSEC, Security+, CCSA or equivalent
* 5 plus years working experience in dedicated Information Technology Security Engineering roles
* 3-5 years hands-on experience in firewall solution delivery (upgrade, research, design, build, deploy, administration and support) practices
* 3-5 years hands-on experience in SIEM solution delivery (upgrade, research, design, build, deploy, administration and support) practices
* Strong working knowledge of IDS/IPS, SIEM, endpoint protections, firewalls, web application firewalls and other network security technologies.
Skills & Competency Requirements
* Strong engineering and working knowledge of CheckPoint firewall technologies is desirable
* Strong engineering knowledge of IBM QRadar engineering and tuning is desirable
* Strong working knowledge of host-based Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) technologies is desirable
* Strong experience in supporting F5 LTM, APM technologies would be considered a plus
* Operational experience with various tools for analyzing network traffic for root cause analysis (sniffers, packet capturing, routing)
* Operational and administrative experience in development, design, deployment, and support of network solutions supporting application control, URL filtering, Intrusion prevention and access controls
* Strong understanding of networking infrastructure concepts, technologies, protocols, and solutions
* Ability to drive security engineering projects from inception to implementation. This includes overall design, expansion, enhancements, and technical documentation
* Involvement with security incident response activities that includes responding in a manner that identifies, contains and remediates threats to the business
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware Corporation operates as a wholesaler of hardware, paint, and other related products.