Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented IT Scrum Master - Senior Level for our Plano, TX Facility.
Responsible for ensuring the team lives Agile values and principles and follows processes and practices that the teams agree they will use within Agile (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) frameworks to self-organize while delivering value to customers. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and champions the Agile mindset through effective guidance, coaching, education and through removal of impediments to team progress. This role is responsible for building high-performing teams focused on constantly improving team dynamics and performance.
* Facilitates seamless collaboration and maximizes team and program performance by driving continuous improvement across multiple technical and/or non-technical team(s) to ensure rapid and timely delivery of business value (experience, product, and/or service) and achievement of goals. Ensure cross team coordination. For Example: should be an experienced Scrum Master for 1-2 teams or moving into in a Release Train Engineer (RTE) role.
* Mentors and coaches teams and program teams and other Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindset. Fosters a growth mindset and spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
* Removes impediments to team or Release Train's progress whether internal or organizational in nature. When necessary, escalates impediments to facilitate rapid resolution. Supports efforts to resolve systemic impediments that continually block teams within their organization.
* Supports and educates product owners and product managers, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog and decision making.
* Ensures effective communication within and across teams and Programs; schedules and facilitates cross-functional meetings, and ensures appropriate progress tools, information radiators, and reports effectively provide transparency on team's (or multiple teams') or Program's progress/productivity.
* Performs risk, issue, and dependency management for the teams and/or program. Also ensures release management practices align to enterprise standards.
* Acts as Agile SME to teams, departmental teams, product owners, and management. Participates in Scrum Master community of practice and mentors other Scrum Masters.
* For technology related efforts: Understands release-when ready, test-driven development, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and guides team on leveraging them.
* Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
* 6 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis with at least 2 years as a Scrum Master, 1 year as an RTE, or working in a similar role in a lean or Scrum environment
* Advanced knowledge of multiple Agile delivery frameworks
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* 2 years experience as a scrum master with IT teams
* Experience Leading Agile Teams delivering in the Scaled Agile Framework.
* SASM certification
* Familiarity with IT infrastructure or cloud technologies
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 04/29/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.