Purpose of JobResponsible for ensuring the team lives Agile values and principles and follows processes and practices that the teams agree they will use within Agile (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) frameworks to self-organize while delivering value to customers. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and champions the Agile mindset through effective guidance, coaching, education and through removal of impediments to team progress. This role is responsible for building high-performing teams focused on constantly improving team dynamics and performance.
We are currently seeking a talented IT Scrum Master - Senior Level for our Plano, TX facility.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
* Facilitates seamless collaboration and maximizes team performance by driving continuous improvement within assigned technical and/or non-technical team(s) to ensure rapid and timely delivery of business value (experience, product, and/or service) and achievement of goals.
* Mentors and coaches teams (including the Product Owner) in Agile practices and mindset. Fosters a growth mindset and spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
* Removes impediments to team progress whether internal to the team or organizational in nature. When necessary, escalates impediments to facilitate rapid resolution.
* Supports and educates product owners, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog and decision making.
* Ensures effective communication within and across teams. Influences and facilitates the empowerment of a self-organizing team. Schedules and facilitates cross-functional meetings. Ensures appropriate progress tools, information radiators, and reports effectively provide transparency on team's progress/productivity.
* Performs risk, issue, and dependency management for their team. Also ensures release management practices align to enterprise standards.
* Acts as Agile SME to teams, product owners, and management. Learns from participating in Scrum Master Community of Practice
* For technology related efforts: Understands release-when ready, test-driven development, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and encourages teams to leverage them.
* Bachelor's degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 6 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis with at least 2 years as a Scrum Master, 1 year as an RTE, or working in a similar role in a lean or Scrum environment
* Advanced knowledge of multiple Agile delivery frameworks
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Agile certification from Scrum Alliance, ICAgile, SAFe or other agile organizations.
* Demonstrates Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban and Extreme Programming.
* Demonstrates knowledge of agile scaling patterns and frameworks.
* Experience with development and support of Business Applications and Data Warehouses.
* Experience with Agile methodologies and tools to include Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Jira, TFS, and RTC.
* Experience facilitating seamless collaboration and maximizing team performance across multiple technical and/or non-technical teams to ensure rapid delivery of products and timeline achievement of goals.
* Experience facilitating effective communication with Scrum teams and other cross-functional teams, to include scheduling and facilitating cross-functional meetings.
* Experience creating status tools, radiators, and applicable reports to effectively provide transparency on team(s) progress and productivity.
* Experience removing impediments to team progress whether internal to the team or organizational in nature.
* Experience with training development and delivery.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.