We have a new opportunity for an experienced Release Engineer who will work to ensure proper planning of application and hardware deployments. If you land in this role you will manage the processes and tools that enable the smooth transition of applications into production, QA and UAT environments. You will be responsible for the deployment of applications, database changes, and BI reports that support our business. We need you to help us design and build the Deploy/Release process to take advantage of cloud technologies and help us improve our release performance. To achieve this goal, you will work in an agile environment with business product owners, software developers, database administrators, and quality assurance staff along all phases of the project life cycle to ensure a repeatable and traceable approach to release management.
* Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in a build engineer role.
* Strong knowledge of Source Control Management, specifically branching, tagging and merging of different code streams (TFS, Git, BitBucket) is a must
* Strong scripting skills, especially PowerShell.
* Knowledge of Windows Xml Installer.
* Microsoft Development/Build technologies including web-based applications, database objects and reports
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Team City, CruiseControl.Net, Bamboo, and Jenkins).
* Experience with IIS administration and configuration
* Familiarity with automated deployment technologies i.e. Octopus or UrbanCode.
* Experience in Agile or Extreme Programming environments
* Experience with various tools like MS project, Jira etc. is a plus
* Coding or scripting experience a plus
* Project Management skills
* Bachelor's degree or related experience
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in the industry related to Configuration Management, Quality Tools, Cloud, Agile Tools, CI/CD, software development and or software test engineering
* Working knowledge of Agile Test Techniques
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Work across our extensive product portfolio with various scrum team roles to obtain and utilize required product information to build integrated environments for programs to utilize throughout the release cycle.
* Be responsible for the development/maintenance of golden environments/templates and related data sets to reduce the need for manual environment creation and integration setup.
* Engage with Continuous Integration/Deployment activities to streamline the environment creation process for dynamic environment creation.
* Be expert at applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile, CI/CD, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
* Work with Build and Release leadership to create a roadmap of improvements, own execution of the roadmap as well as ways to prioritize interrupt activities.
* Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
* Prior experience with Jira: preferred
* 1-3 years mortgage or financial industry experience: desirable
* Some .NET development knowledge (C#)
* Familiarity with SQL Server 2012 - SQL Server 2016, SSRS and SSIS