This position is responsible for writing and executing test plans, test scripts, and test cases and clearly documenting the results of their testing. Individuals in this role perform various types of testing including regression, integration, and system testing. They may work on Wintel, Mainframe, and/or Web applications. This position works collaboratively with the Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and UAT testers. This position can be based in the Mesa, AZ; Fort Worth, TX; or Irvine, CA offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Work in assigned projects in designated area of responsibility by prioritizing tasks and adhering to deadlines to meet department objectives and individual performance metrics * Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for completeness, redundancy, ambiguity and testability * Quickly learn and understand front-end and back-end applications to ensure quality testing is executed * Define and identify testing scope, risks, assumptions used to design, build and prioritize test cases * Ability to give input on high level estimate for testing effort * Give input on creating test plans and ensure all scenarios are covered for functional, integration, and regression testing * Write detailed test scripts * Update and maintain traceability matrices to ensure test coverage * Give input into the creation of necessary test data prior to test execution; ability to perform queries and table updates to create test data * Execute test scripts accurately and efficiently * Capture and communicate the results of testing accurately and clearly; participate in defect triage meetings * Provide accurate report of test progress to the management team and follow up with development team on defects; participate in root cause analysis discussions for all defects * Pro-actively follow up with QA management on issues and escalations and provide suggestions for possible resolutions * Work with members of Business Analysis, Application Development, and Project Management to assure timely completion of testing plans * Meet aggressive deadlines while also ensuring quality changes are released into production * Build and enhance individual development and skill-set by seeking educational opportunities, participating in available training and researching innovative technology and methodologies to provide strong departmental support * Contribute to a positive work environment fostering the values of initiative and accountability * Assist in all phases of code deployments; including, but not limited to, off-hours support and an occasional weekend
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience * 3+ years relevant experience with formal testing methodology * Experience testing large application initiatives * Ability to test in a variety of settings and situations, including instances with no graphical user interface (GUI) (back-end processing, file processing, and/or interfaces between systems) * Experience writing test plans, test schedules, detailed test cases, test scenarios and documentation of defects covering both front end and back end testing * Experience in a manual software testing role; must have performed functional, data validation, error handling and complete regression test cases * Working knowledge of a typical Software Development Lifecycle and the appropriate milestones as it relates to quality assurance * Ability to adhere to established Software Development Lifecycle methods * Ability to ensure all documentation is in order to facilitate audit requirements * Applied knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, tools and technologies, including test plans, scenarios, strategies and related procedures * Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) * Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills * Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization * Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team * Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines * Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
* Previous experience in Insurance or Financial related industries * Experience with Quality Management Testing tools
Job posting ID: 2019-2245
* About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training * Medical, Dental, Vision benefits * Wellness Programs * Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance * 401k w/ Company Match * Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy * Employee Discount Program * Career Advancement and Development Opportunities * On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices) * On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices) * Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.