The Project Manager - Project management Office (PMO) leads key business and technology initiatives from initiation through production close-out. Project Managers are responsible for the coordination and completion of all aspects of project management on assigned PMO projects, including, but not limited to, project definition, project plans, organizing resources, conducting meetings, requirements gathering, overseeing development, testing, and implementation. This role will be responsible for managing multiple projects and/or a single significant project.
* Oversee the planning, execution, and control of multiple projects to successful completion * Follow GM Financial's established Project management Methodology to ensure project delivery, framework, tasks, activities, and deliverables are represented and accounted for in project plans, timelines, and the system of record * Schedule and facilitate all project meetings, identify project team and responsibilities, and serve as a single point of contact for projects * Communicate project objectives and scope, oversee development, testing, and implementation * Manage project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques, while communicating risks and rewards associated with project decisions and actions * Create a clear, coherent approach to guide effective project setup, execution, and control * Actively manage the work efforts of multiple functional resources through the project plan * Develop and/or co-develop and maintain required project documentation * Maintain, monitor, and actively report project status to all project stakeholders * Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project stakeholders, team members, peers, managers, customer, vendors, and other affected departments * Coordinate efforts across multiple business units and ensure continuous efficient management of projects while gathering input and feedback * Collaborate and communicate with other project managers and leaders to coordinate cross-functional project initiatives and activities * Assist in the development and implementation of contingency plans * Perform other duties as assigned * Conform with all corporate policies and procedures
* Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle and industry standards to support all project processes * Proven experience and knowledge of the discipline of project management including common principles, methodologies and tools used by practitioners * Proficient understanding of technology, infrastructure, security concepts and platforms * Knowledge of the financial industry and SOX compliance * Support-level knowledge of a PPM Tool and SharePoint functionality * Proficient knowledge of Change Management processes * Experience with business case preparation and cost benefit analysis
* Ability to analyze business processes and how they interface within the company infrastructure * Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite * Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail * Excellent written and verbal communication skills * Interpersonal skills necessary to work well with others in teams and collaborative work situations * Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and day-to-day activities for self and project team members with the flexibility to change as needed * Strong business and financial acumen * Ability to hold self and others accountable for assigned tasks and issues while maintaining teamwork and a professional environment * Ability to 'read' the audience, respond professionally, and mediate difficult situations * Ability to identify opportunities for improvements and system enhancements based on lessons learned * Ability to partner with leadership to promote and sustain project management best practices and educate the broader organization * A willingness to embrace change and a strong desire to challenge the status quo * Ability to work in a diverse and fast paced environment * Ability to improve project team performance by building cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation * Proficient with a PPM software tool * Ability to provide leadership through influence, inspiration, collaboration, and teamwork * Ability to demonstrate integrity while successfully managing work demands and pressure * Ability to continually pursue professional development and knowledge of project management best practices
* High School Diploma or equivalent required * Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience; Project Management experience preferred
* 2-3 years experience in an IT Project Manager role leading and executing projects using Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies required
* Other: PMP Certification preferred
* Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours weekends and holidays * Fast-paced office environment * Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers * Limited travel may be required to support business needs * Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems