Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is looking for a passionate and experienced IT Project Manager to join our project management team. As a core member of the project management team, you will be responsible for leading the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of key projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager plans, organizes, monitors and oversees one or more projects to meet defined business requirements or needs. This position requires working closely with other teams and stakeholders and guides efforts toward achieving intended sponsor and business results.
* Determines project goals and priorities with project sponsor(s) and other key stakeholders.
* Leads creation of a project charter, including the definition of completion and success criteria.
* Engages project sponsor, stakeholders and team with effective communication and project leadership
* Develops effective project plans with defined objectives, deliverables and communication plans
* Recognizes and understands competing business requirements and makes recommendations
* Establishes and communicates clear priorities among project activities, tasks and resources.
* Identifies drives and executes projects aligned with departmental or organizational strategy
* Prevents, identifies, and mitigates risks and barriers to project success
* Manages project resources and budget to ensure objectives are met
* Assists the IT Project Management Office with the overall portfolio reporting through IT standard portfolio system and overall project status
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study.
* Certified in Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
* A minimum of 3 to 5 years of IT project management experience.
* IT management consulting experience desirable
* Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Skills and Attributes:
* Team and results oriented
* Ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings.
* Technical and digital savvy and hands on experience with information technology implementation
* Exceptional interpersonal relations, working with senior management, peers, and staff.
* Strong leadership
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent written, oral communications, and organizational skills
* Ability to translate business needs into requirements
* Ability to manage multiple projects and multitask
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.