Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech International seeks a PMP certified IT Project Manager with experience managing Federal projects to support a program in Austin, TX. This position also requires a VA-clearance that will be achieved through a fingerprinting backgroung check process.
The Project Manager candidate must have experience managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress.
* Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
* Work in close collaboration with senior IT and business managers both government and contractor to influence the strategic direction, as well as ensure that the strategic vision is being implemented
* Provide expertise and application of program management principles (e.g., governance establishment, program prioritization, business/IT relationship management, benefits realization) and project management principles (e.g., proposal and business case development; scope, risk, budget and issues management)
Additionally, the project management candidate will provide:
* IT project management support for various SDE EO projects and sub- projects.
* The Candidate shall expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects.
* The Candidate shall assist in managing assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. The Candidate shall ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
The Candidate shall:
* Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
* Follow VA and SDE EO standards and procedures for Project Management.
* Assist in developing formal project charters as required by the SDE EO Program Manager.
* Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
* Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
* Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
* Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
* Coordinate activities with existing SDE EO customers.
* Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
* Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The Candidate shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
* Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
* Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
* Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides technical expertise and project management on the implementation of data center infrastructure and IT systems.
* Researches, tests, and plans for the integration of new information technologies. This includes the formulating of long and short term information management plans; researching and testing products and services to support the information plan; analyzing plans, policies, programs and directives to determine requirements, life-cycle management to determine support and replacement resource requirements; conducting hands-on testing of products in a controlled environment and applies the results to a production information system; and interfaces between technical experts and functional users.
* Plans and coordinates the installation of all physical racking, cabling, and hardware at the PITC. Plans and enforces data center infrastructure standards, including network cabling and labeling, airflow management, and heat containment standards, even when assisted by other installation teams.
* Installs, operates, and maintains IT infrastructure and system documentation, and performs remote hands operations to resolve infrastructure or systems issues.
* Responsible for the data center contingency network equipment, IP PDUs, IP KVM systems, and other systems that enable remote administration of equipment at the Philadelphia Information Technology Center (PITC).
* Reviews and analyzes new technology related to physical infrastructure management and makes recommendations for improvements.
* Supports data center consolidation efforts by providing on-the-ground facilities and IT project management expertise to remote national consolidation project managers.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.