Genomic Health is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the over-treatment and optimal treatment of early-stage cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. We're in search of an extraordinary IT Project Manager to join our dynamic team.
Project Managers at Genomic Health are responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value. The Project Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects that cross multiple programs and functions. The Project Manager is expected to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
The Project manager will lead and manage moderately sized enterprise-level IT projects consisting of multiple internal teams and/or requiring integration with external vendor teams as well as tactical execution to plan. The position will be responsible for leading and managing projects for the IT Infrastructure, IT Security & Compliance teams at Genomic Health. The position will report to the Director, Program Management within the IT organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
* Manages moderately sized projects with some multidisciplinary team members and moderate technical scope. * Assumes project/core team member accountability for project's success and goals. * Assists with project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and deployment plans) as defined by the project. * Coordinate and facilitate meetings. * Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively develop contingency and mitigation plans. * Work closely with project sponsors to ensure that project delivers the agreed upon requirements. * Help with portfolio management by creating presentations of the overall health of projects. * Keeps track of milestones and deliver status reports on a weekly basis. * Ability to communicate effectively internal and external to the project/core team. * Provides advanced skills in both organizational and personnel management. * Contributing independent thought to tactical planning and execution efficiencies.
Education & Training
* BS/MS Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed. * Strong proficiency with project management software, such as Microsoft Project and others. * Good organizational skills including tool utilization (spreadsheets, project management tools, mind maps), information capture, attention to detail, and prioritization. * Strong interpersonal skills including empathy and the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. * Ability to adapt and be flexible when working with various teams. * Proactive and self-starter. * Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner. * Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality. * Ability to work as part of a team.
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity for IT projects in the areas such as infrastructure implementation/replacement, various enterprise software upgrades/maintenance releases, database
management, commercial off the shelf software implementations and various system integrations.
* A proven track record of successfully leading and managing IT projects using standard project management methodologies as a Project Manager including management of moderately sized projects preferably in a medical device,
life science or healthcare industry.
* Knowledge and experience managing projects for various employee productivity and collaboration systems and tools such as ServiceNow, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Box Drive etc. * Solid understanding of software development life cycles, contemporary project management methodologies (agile, iterative and incremental) and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and
* Previous hands-on IT solution development, systems analysis, or software QA experience highly desirable. * Experience working with various third-party IT vendors and business partners is highly desirable. * Experience managing IT Infrastructure, IT Security & Compliance projects a strong plus.
* Advanced degree preferred. * PMP or equivalent certification preferred. * Experience in healthcare, life sciences, or bio-tech domains preferred.
Project Managers for our IT team to lead and manage multiple projects within organization.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.