The IT Shared Services Department is seeking to hire an IT Project Manager II to join their team. The IT Project Manager position provides primary project management leadership for ITSS software application and technology projects related to the support and operations of UNT System, UNT, UNT Health Science Center and UNT Dallas. Organizes and controls project-planning and performance activities across multiple functional lines. Incumbent in this role has the responsibility to ensure that ITSS delivers a quality product on time and within budget through the effective preparation, coordination, and management of project schedules as well as sub-contractors and suppliers as required. Work involves coordinating the planning, initiation, execution and closure of IT projects; monitoring the progress and schedule of project tasks and resources; and communicating with project stakeholders, executive management, and other relevant parties. This position effectively manages projects to successful completion using standard Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) practices.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of contemporary project management applicable to projects of moderate scope; of systems and procedures used to evaluate a third-party vendor's performance; and of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the administration of the project undertaken.
* Develop project plans, assignments, tasks and project reporting for large, complex projects (defined by cost, number of development hours, impact to the enterprise and level of risk)
* Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly reporting, as well as any other general correspondence, are communicated accurately, concisely, and in a form appropriate to the target audience
* Lead cross-functional teams within the formalized project management methodology
* Assist during the Design phase of projects to ensure requirements meet business needs.
* Create and maintain project deliverables including project charter, communication plan, project plan, project schedule, risk management plan, budget, milestone/deliverable charts and all associated project management documents
* Manage issues, scope, and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
* Respond proactively to external customer concerns in a manner that builds trust and confidence not only with the customer but also with colleagues within ITSS who are partners in the problem solving process.
* Understands and complies with all policies and procedures as well as additional legal regulatory requirements.
* Provides input to enhancing the project management practices.
* Comprehensively understanding the customer base and those customers' requirements. Establishes and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the PM industry and project management practices as they relate to IT.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.