Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite Telecommunications is seeking an analytical, customer-service oriented professional to fill the role of Project Manager within our Proof of Concept (POC) Team. This is an excellent opportunity for experienced professionals seeking a new challenge. You will be working with our Solutions Engineers, Network Operations Center, Network Engineers and various Operations teams to implement planning and custom solutions for Granite Telecommunications and our clients.
A successful candidate must have demonstrated skills as a problem solver, logical thinker, excellent communicator and collaborator. Candidates must be resourceful, pragmatic and willing to tackle difficult planning and execution issues on a daily basis. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, professionalism, and the ability to work independently. Communication skills and team fit are highly valued. This position will report directly to a Supervisor within the POC Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Facilitate meetings between all stakeholders and internal POC resources, to determine required tasks, deadlines, resource commitments and project gap analysis to insure successful completion of each assigned project.
* Maintaining task/milestone list and associated timeline for all assigned projects, based on review/meeting with business analysts and stakeholders in each organization.
* Track resource allocation /commitment per project assigned, by organization.
* Provide daily/weekly reporting as necessary on the status of all projects to POC management, assigned resources, and organizational stakeholders, when appropriate and requested.
* Escalate issues to POC Management, where deadlines will be missed, and will cause a milestone or the project completion to be in jeopardy.
* Coordinate and track resources utilized by outside vendors as those resources relate to any projects assigned
* Take on additional responsibilities to insure project completion, if requested by POCmanagement.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science
* PMP Certification
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.