Project Manager (IT) Finance emphasis
Department: Redwood Logistics Information Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Technology Program Manager
Redwood Logistics (RWL) is a privately held, strategically integrated logistics provider founded in 2001. Through our history weve listened to our customers needs and have created a family of companies that can solve their logistics and transportation challenges. Redwood Digital is the official name for the Information Technology group within RWL; it includes infrastructure, development, integration, application and desktop support, PMO and more. The Chicago Tribune has named Redwood Logistics a Top Workplace for several years running. We are a company of innovators and pioneers, our goal is simple, to make our customers great.
Project Manager with strong prior Business Analyst experience. Ideally, our candidates will most recently have performed 3+ years in a PM role, with prior business analysis experience; should be able to perform interchangeably, as they drive small-to-medium sized projects toward successful conclusion. Redwood is in growth mode and continues to preserve its early start-up mentality; we look for enterprising employees who enjoy wearing multiple hats and working with a variety of roles in order to get the work done. At the same time, due to our consistent growth, were actively working to infuse project disciplines across the work we do, expecting that PMs create charters, provide regular status updates, manage to a workplan, identify and manage risks and issues, etc. We give our people flexibility to work with their team to determine specific projects needs, but also request they operate within our general frameworks for success. Our team is working to increasingly incorporate agile into our projects. As such, candidates with some experience and training in agile are preferred.
For this role, we would strongly prefer candidates with knowledge and/or experience with finance and accounting; this candidate is targeted, in part, to drive initiatives supporting our Finance department.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Create and manage project artifacts, such as project charters, plans, risk and issue logs, etc.
* Drive project resources toward delivery of tasks and milestones
* Build and manage success criteria to evaluate the impact and achievements of projects, service/product improvements, and process changes
* Facilitate experienced business customers to document technical and functional requirements
* Perform risk assessments
* Collaborate with a wide variety of users, including internal stakeholders, executives, clients, engineers, and external vendors
* Structure projects to PMO standards, while contributing to project management best practices
* Manage multiple projects with different teams and across different project phases, simultaneously
* Present complex project plans and project status to leadership in a concise and effective way
* Manage scope, time and budget of assigned projects
* Escalate risks and issues, as needed
* 3+ years experience in the role of Project Manager (PM)
* 2+ years experience in the role of Business Analyst (BA)
* Bachelors Degree (minimum); preference in Business Administration, Project Management, Computer Science or related fields
* Creative thinker who is intellectually curious, with a passion for solving puzzles and continuous learning
* Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, able to comprehend and relay complex stories
* Carries a positive attitude and perspective that aligns to Redwoods core principles
* Self-starter, entrepreneurial, high-energy who can take initiative in a fast-moving environment
* Ability to effectively build relationships across Redwood companies at all levels
* Solid experience with O365 toolsets
Preferred Candidates will also have:
* Experience and/or knowledge with finance and accounting systems and principles
* Experience scrumming teams in Agile and Waterfall/Hybrid environments
* Experience using Project Management tools such as MS Project, Jira, Monday.com, Smartsheet, etc.
Redwood Logistics offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance, and a paid time off policy within a progressive, employee-centric culture.