IT Project Manager - Community Technology Group
2 N Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL US
Job Type :
Job Id :
IT PROJECT MANAGER - COMMUNITY TECHNOLOGY GROUP
Equity Residential (EQR) is an S&P 500 real estate company and an industry leading multi-family REIT, headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our portfolio of high-quality properties in growth markets - New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles, to name a few - provides homes where people most want to live. Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. We've got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues. That's why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that knows how home should feel. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, IT, the Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects relating to the implementation and management of connected multifamily building systems such as WiFi, fitness equipment, entertainment systems, door access, security cameras, smart package rooms and more. Your primary goal in this position will be to ensure that project timelines are met and best practices followed with respect to the technical needs of any leasing office or amenity space renovation, building system installation or other similar initiative.
As a Project Manager, you will accomplish these goals by establishing project guidelines, maintaining regular communications with key internal and external business partners and stakeholders, and through the use of project tracking processes.
WHO YOU ARE
* Knowledgeable. Telecommunications and/or technical field work is not new to you. Through your previous experience, you've effectively managed technical projects (and also preferably have project management experience in complex urban, mid- and high-rise buildings).
* A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with all levels and helping you connect well with others.
* Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and are precise with executing your work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, meet deadlines consistently, and document knowledge thoroughly. You also have a sense of urgency to drive great results, but above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business. In other words, you handle pressure well and do so with confidence!
* A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You enjoy partnering with others -whether internal or external- in order to get work done and deliver great results. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
* Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You find it energizing to work in the technical field and have fun learning, playing with, and implementing new technologies. You ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Manage overall project planning and tracking for IT's involvement in projects across the company portfolio.
* Partner with a variety of system and/or device-specific subject matter experts to create processes for implementing numerous Internet-connected systems and devices commonly found in a multifamily building, such as WiFi, door access, fitness equipment, audio-visual systems, cameras, music, etc.
* Create and maintain a project database for tracking project details, timelines, conference calls/meetings and deliverables. Provide regular updates and progress reports to leadership, summarizing project statuses under management by IT.
* Develop rapport and communicate regularly with Construction Managers and Property Management teams to understand project requirements, communicate deadlines and overcome obstacles in the delivery of technical services.
* Provide excellent internal customer service through timely follow up and effective written communication.
* Foster and maintain vendor relationships; objectively evaluate vendor performance.
* Utilize project management methodologies, tools, software and other resources to maximize efficiency.
* Perform other duties and participate in special projects, as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in business or related field preferred, in addition to 4+ years of business process and/or project management experience.
* Ability to successfully take a large project and break it down into smaller components for organization and effective completion.
* Subject matter expertise for any type of technology is not required, but a strong desire to learn the basic concepts of a variety of technologies is necessary.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and dispute resolution skills are required, along with a strong customer service focus.
* Ability to handle numerous projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Proficiency with personal computing applications, including the Google Suite of applications and ability to quickly master project database software such as Quickbase and/or SmartSheet.
* Must have experience managing technical projects to successful completion.
* Must be proficient with Google Apps for Business and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
A career path is way too narrow a journey - we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Make your mark.
And, make it remarkable.
CUSTOMERS COME FIRST
LIKE WHAT YOU DO