Lazard Asset Management now operates from 18 cities across 13 countries. Our investment personnel manage US $222.4 billion across a wide range of global, regional and country-specific strategies - both traditional and alternative - in listed equity and fixed income. At Lazard Asset Management, we pride ourselves in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a large global organization.
This team is responsible for building and maintaining core portfolio management infrastructure in support of the Portfolio Management teams across all asset classes. The position is for an individual who has the vision, creativity, leadership, drive and determination to define, design and help deliver the products in support of tools used globally by Portfolio and Risk Managers. We are building a sophisticated suite of tools and flexible open platform technology to support full portfolio management cycle from investable universe selection to portfolio optimization and performance analysis, and to unify the view of risk across front, middle and back office functions, helping to drive efficiency and bring transparency to performance.
The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of portfolio construction, research and risk reporting solutions that offer essential insights into the constantly evolving state of raising alpha and managing risk. We are looking to build a sophisticated suite of tools and flexible open platform technology to unify the view of risk across front, middle and back office functions, helping to drive efficiency and bring transparency to performance.
* Partner with multiple product development teams to optimize product features, UX and manage technical debt and ensure they map all the way up to corporate objectives
* Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure product plans (roadmaps/features/functions/UI) fit the needs of the target audience
* Interact with other Development functions to ensure requirements are fully understood, broken down sufficiently and estimated for correctly & consistently
* Coordinate team participation in Scrum processes (from a functional perspective) e.g. Daily Stand-up, Backlog refinements and grooming, impact analysis, sprint demos and release retrospectives
* Ensure the timely availability and accuracy of requirements, so the delivery teams can develop software as efficiently as possible
* Produce release plans, participating in show and tells and contribute to release communications
* Documenting requirements, defining scopes and objectives of software
* Designing technical solutions, documenting functional and technical design of the new systems
* Experience with full product lifecycle management
* Familiarity with Agile framework and Scrum methodologies
* The Individual needs to understand Portfolio Construction, Performance, Attribution and Contribution as relates to building software around needs of Portfolio and Risk managers
* Experience with Industry tools such as Factset, Bloomberg, Market data providers is necessary
* Build solutions for Portfolio Managers around (i) Portfolio Construction, (ii) performance and attribution, and (iii) Integration of Risk Models such as AXIOMA etc.
* Organizational and leadership abilities
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Problem-solving aptitude
* Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Knowledge of data management concepts, familiarity with SQL and basic
database design principles
* Self-motivated with plenty of initiative
* Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure
* A passion for new technology and ideas with the drive to move things forward
* A passion for working in and developing a culture of collaboration, automation, improvement, sharing and excellence
* Participate in an agile team, using Atlassian tools (JIRA/BitBucket/Bamboo)
* BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred with experience in Finance
* 5-10 years' experience in front office technology across Asset management as a product manager/ implementations
* Enjoy a fast-paced, high-intensity environment. Well-organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.