About the UnitThe TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health at the University of Chicago is launching in 2019 a multi-year community-wide demonstration project, through which the TMW Center and community partners will implement parent-directed interventions designed to promote young children's cognitive and social-emotional development at scale. In support of this, the TMW Center is designing and building a TMW Tech Platform that will deliver TMW's interventions, facilitate intervention delivery by providers, and collect data to power program evaluation and further development.
The TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health at the University of Chicago develops, tests, and implements evidence-based interventions designed to promote very young children's cognitive and social-emotional development, with a priority placed on that of children living in poverty. TMW interventions are designed to be overlaid onto existing health, education, and social service systems working at scale in a given community in order to meet families where they already are. Our goal is to effect population-level change in children's academic and developmental outcomes. To ensure this new approach - and its impact - reaches beyond individual families, the TMW Center is developing a model for integrating its suite of TMW interventions to be delivered through existing health, education, and social service systems within a community. Through a novel new community partnership, the TMW Center aims to create a model that can be replicated and further developed in more communities across the country.
* Work with the Director of Research Operations and design firm partners to develop a detailed project plan and timeline for the successful delivery of the TMW Tech Platform MVP and its further iterations
* Manage the project toward these milestones and timeline, ensuring timely, successful, and on-budget completion
* Provide project management throughout the Tech Platform MVP development: serve as the primary point of contact for all questions and decision points for collaborating partners, providing prompt, accurate, and complete answers to questions to avoid delay, escalating to the Director of Research Operations as appropriate; schedule, facilitate, and document regular calls with design and development partners; send notes and agendas; monitor progress to development goals; and follow up on outstanding or overdue items to ensure on-time delivery
* Understand, track, and articulate issues, risks, and action items, and work with responsible owners to address each in a timely manner; update appropriate stakeholders as appropriate
* Maintain a log of decisions, changes, and major functionality to serve as living document and primary record throughout Tech Platform MVP development
* Work with Director of Research Operations and design and development partners to identify, strategize, and plan for fixes and future-phase builds
* Define acceptability criteria for deliverables in coordination with the Director of Research Operations, design and development, and informatics partners; manage internal testing of these criteria; sign off on finalization of new and tested features
* Project manage the security review of the TMW Tech Platform and the securing of administrative permissions, both internally and with collaborating partners
* Manage and supervise the work of the TMW Tech Platform Coordinator, in order to ensure UI/UX testing, securing of permissions, and support of end users is conducted according to the project plan
* Manage and appropriately escalate risks, issues, delivery impediments, and changes associated with the product's development
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of the organization required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and share feedback with diverse audiences, required.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously required.
* Problem-solving skills, including a strong ability to prioritize, required.
* Proven ability to establish and stick to timelines required.
* Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail, required.
* Knowledge in relevant scientific field, including research techniques or methods, preferred.
* Ability to train others required.
* Initiative and independent judgment required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office required.
* Experience with project management and prototyping software preferred.
* Bachelor's degree required
* A minimum of two years of related experience required
* Experience with agile software development required.
* Experience working with technical developers and tech design and engineering teams required; experience with human-centered design processes strongly preferred.
* Experience with technology used to promote health or drive behavior change strongly preferred.
* Experience leading information systems implementation projects preferred
* Supervisory experience preferred
* Cover Letter
* Contact information for at least three supervisory references
Note: When applying, all documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV portion of the application.
Pay RangeDepends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job is Exempt?Yes
Drug Test Required?No
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?No
Health Screen Required?No
Remove from Posting On or Before2019-09-04-07:00
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.