Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries and much more:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Dallas, Texas, we are seeking an IT Project Manager to join our IT team! The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing technology projects according to deadlines, internal methodologies, and within budget. In this position, the incumbent coordinates the efforts of project team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver IT projects according to plan. The Project Manager will guide the definition of the project's objectives with key business partners and oversee quality control throughout the project lifecycle. This is a hands-on position requiring tact, accountability and excellent communication skills. Promotes our creed, communicates our vision and purpose through Service Deliver Excellence and serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Directs and manages IT projects throughout full project lifecycle.
* Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
* Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
* Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
* Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
* Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
* Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
* Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation & presentations.
* Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, devise contingency plans.
* Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Conducts project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Assists in the definition of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Ensures deliverables are on-time, within scope and of exceptional quality.
* Ensure smooth handoff, when necessary, of projects to IT Operations & Infrastructure groups for ongoing support.
* Provides Tier 3 user support related to implemented projects as required.
* Handle special department projects as assigned.
* Builds effective relationships with project teams, functional departments, consultants, vendors, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service Deliver Excellence.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Five years or more of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
* Strong familiarity with multiple project management software, such as MS Project, Smartsheet.
* Competent understanding of enterprise platforms, such as JD Edwards, Microsoft technologies, Oracle technologies and Enterprise Cloud solutions.
* PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
* Experience working with word processing, internet, e-mail, diagram, scheduling, database and report writing software; server and workstation operating systems.
* Experience eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, staff, and the general public.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry's assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: