The Project Manager provides detailed, hands-on, project management of business-critical solutions from initiation through stabilization. This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You'll need flexibility, agility, and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and project team members in a matrixed environment.
Responsibilities and Expectations
* Deliver projects on time, to scope, and to budget.
* Lead the development of project scope statements, collaborating with applicable stakeholders and subject matter experts. Enforce scope change management and ensure timely communication of material changes and risks to IT leadership and project stakeholders.
* Manage day-to-day project operations, updating project and resource plans, generating weekly status reporting, and all project artifacts in a timely manner.
* Establish and maintain a cadence of project meetings and status updates.
* Indirectly lead all project deliverables and resources, ensuring adherence to scope, timeline, and budget.
* Develop basic change management plans in partnership with the business partnering team and working with internal communications experts on change materials.
* Understand the IT portfolio and strategic business initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
* At least three years' relevant IT, product, or software project management experience.
* Demonstrated, hands-on experience performing formal project management of projects or programs: establishing scope, creating project artifacts, developing detailed project and resource plans, independently leading from initiation through closing, managing issues and risk, establishing and maintaining communication cadence.
* Experience performing project management for software product deployment and development with a solid understanding of the software development life cycle.
* Understanding of the role of change management.
* Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and a blend of both methodologies.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and written communication skills.
* Ability to influence and challenge to drive clarity around issues and needs.
* Experience in a high-performing, fast-paced environment.
* CAPM, PMP preferred, or other relevant certification/experience accepted.
* Experience with industry standard project and product management tools.
Additional Relevant Experience
* Previous experience in marketing, advertising or communications marketing.
* Experience performing basic business analysis, such as writing a functional requirement.
* Experience with data, analytics, monitoring & reporting software deployments.
* Experience managing external contractors and vendors.