IT Senior Project Management Specialist
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To manage, support and service project assignments through completion; to administer procedures and processes that measure and manage customer satisfaction; to identify, analyze and report trends; and to provide interpretation of report information and make recommendations for improvement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Identifies required resources; researches project data, procedures and history for a thorough understanding of project direction.
* Prepares and manages project plans through completion.
* Provides data analysis, including identifying and recognizing trends across multiple offices for national client operations.
* Monitors and assesses data for accuracy and integrity.
* Communicates activity progress to involved parties.
* Assists Program Managers to resolve issues that arise.
* Delivers oral and written presentations of project results.
* Provides training to colleagues as needed.
* Helps to transition programs as needed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
* Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
* Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
* Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Major in Business Administration, Statistics, or Quantitative Analysis and courses in Computer Sciences preferred.
Six (6) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include two (2) years of general business experience with emphasis on data analysis or planning.
Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledge of related field procedures or insurance-related procedures and/or managed care systems and operations
* Good knowledge of project management
* Knowledge of data analysis with strong Excel skills
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Good organizational skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer