Salary: $65K - $105K
Under general direction, manages, maintains, and enforces project controls procedures, standards and governance within the IT Project Portfolio Management Office (PPMO) Framework. Performs professional duties as technical expert for project control functions for Information Technology and Operational Technology (IT / OT) projects including budget development support, establishment of standard WBSs, staff utilization, monitoring and periodic project progress reporting. Participates in project risk assessment, mitigation, control, and reporting. Develops and provides training on project control procedures, serves as technical advisor to assigned project managers on project controls systems and procedures, provides guidance and coordinates work activities with other project control staff in meeting project progress, monitoring and reporting requirements.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
* Maintains and enforces consistent project controls standards, compliance, and accountability for all IT Project Managers within established IT PPMO's Framework
* Administration of the Project Intake process from Initial Contact, to completion of Project Request, Business Priority and Risk Assessment to creation of Business Case Proposal for approval.
* Develops and provides quality review over Resource Management, Risk & Issue Management, Change Management and Escalation Management
* Identify Risks, Issues, Changes, and Project escalations that will be actionable by (1) the Project Review Board (PRB) composed of the PMO and the IT managers and (2) the Bi-monthly IT Steering Committee composed of the CIO and his direct reports.
* Coordinates with IT Business Managers to align project management costs with finances and budgets
* Manage and measure BL across the IT PMO project portfolio
* Communicates project information and manages project, program metrics and analysis leading to appropriate levels of decision making
* Leads, coaches, and mentors peers as appropriate to achieve expectations and deliverables. Team members include Project Managers and Subject Matter Experts from divergent groups operating in a matrix that need guidance and mentorship to deliver work products and deliverables
* Provides support for the development of project budgets and annual spending plans/cash flows including preparing budget worksheets, documenting budget assumptions validating actual expenses, performing variance analyses, forecasting, and updating forecasts for estimated cost to complete.
* Tracks continuous improvements to the IT Portfolio Project Management Office's Framework and plan periodic releases
* Administration of the IT PPMO Circle of Excellence website
* Excellent delivery of communications that facilitates decision making at the appropriate decision making levels
* It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
* It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, business management, information systems, project management or closely related field and five (5) years of experience in project management AND enterprise level project controls management; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
* Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
* Project Scheduling Professional Certification (PSP)
* Program Management Professional Certification (PGMP)
* Minimum 5 years of equivalent in demonstrated professional experience (PMP+PSP)
Required Knowledge of:
* Project Management life cycle principles and operational management processes of complex technology programs
* Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures which are instituted as best practices
* Enterprise level scheduling and the implementation of controls
* Principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis
* Principles of supervising projects, Identifying and managing resource requirements to meet schedules and objectives
* Knowledge of principles, practices, methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems and applications, and of software development lifecycle
* Procurement, inventory and asset management of IT services and equipment
* Ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
* Basic principles and practices of governmental budget preparation and administration
* Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
* Project control functions including enterprise level scheduling and planning, estimating, risk management and earned value management and reporting
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional teams, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the public. Working cooperatively with other all departments, Agency officials, and outside agencies
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication
* Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting conse¬quences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of goals
* Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies
* Researching, analyzing and evaluating new service delivery methods
* Translates project/program requirements into project objectives and tasks, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle
* Background in IT infrastructure, technology deployment or computer science
* Delivering business results on corporate initiatives
* Driving, tracking and reporting the progress of multiple projects; developing and monitoring project operating budgets, costs, and schedules
* Analyzing procedures and data to develop logical solutions to complex systems problems
* Managing large, complex projects and making decisions in fast-paced environments
* Preparing and analyzing complex data and comprehensive reports
* Advanced techniques in Critical Path Scheduling, analyzing and building of enterprise level metrics