IT Program Manager TSDN
RCG is seeking an IT Program Manager TSDN for a full-time position as part of an ongoing contract in Washington DC near McPherson Square metro station. RCG is a growing federal contracting company looking for strongly qualified people to help support our clients.
Please note: Due to the secure nature of this government agency, all candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold a current, active clearance, Secret or greater.
The successful candidate will receive a contingent offer based on the outcome of a government background check. This may take several weeks, and the candidate cannot begin actual employment until the background check is successfully completed.
This position is for a Program Manager that is responsible for contractual deliverables for a service desk, data center operations and engineering projects. This includes a staff of approximately 15 technicians, administrators and engineers of Windows and Linux based systems. The program manager is expected to supervise the work of all projects and personnel. The qualified candidate will be expected to create project plans as requested by the government client for engineering tasks and to work with operational staff to fulfill deliverables required by the government client. The program manager will be responsible for prioritizing daily work coupled with project tasks and working any data center outages as top priorities. The program manager will work with the data center manager to assist in leading tier 2/3 operations toward achievement of client driven objectives for engineering projects.
Will serve as lead in project management planning the technology roadmap with the help of the data center manager to design and maintain data centers.
Additional Responsibilities to include:
Change management, leading technical exchange meetings and change control board
Working as the project lead for reporting and helping the government client prioritize projects
* DoD 8570 certification compliance
* Active or can obtain within 6 months of start CompTIA Security+ CE or CISSP
* A computer certification in a Microsoft product that is not EOS/EOL such as Windows 10 etc
* Expired certificates will not be accepted such as Microsoft Server 2003,
* Current, active government clearance of Secret or greater.
* 5+ years progressive experience in:
* Working on a 24X7 civilian federal government contract
* Understanding service desk ticketing systems
* Strong knowledge of system administration services and/or systems engineering process flows
* technical writing
* prior project/program lead experience
* technical project management
* Excellent problem-solving and technical project leadership skills
* Proven ability to lead, guide, mentor and motivate technical personnel.
* Ability to rapidly learn new information regarding technology, concepts, and tools.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Areas of expertise that are preferred are Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Server OS, Citrix technologies, EMC Networker, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server; RHEL; CISCO switches; ESXi; Microsoft Systems Center; SolarWinds products and/or Hyperconverged systems.
* Ability to work cooperatively and collegiality with others, on multidisciplinary teams and to establish professional working relationships.
Desired Certifications: PMP; MCSE; MCSA; A+; Network+; Server+; Linux+; CISSP
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RCG, Inc. does not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, or national origin.