The Program Manager plans, directs and coordinates the staff and activities of an assigned area of the Program Management Office to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters. In this role, you will maintain the strategic view of the business objectives and the relationship to department projects. You will prioritize project criteria, processes and contribute to decisions regarding program and project direction.
* Plans, directs and coordinates the staff and activities of an assigned area, ensuring project milestones and budgetary constraints are maintained.
* Collaborates with Senior Project Managers to define time-frames, funding, procedures, deliverables and staffing levels.
* Works with IS, vendors and customers to develop project proposal outlining deliverables, requirements, risks, assumptions, key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities, and budget.
* Works with senior management; builds and manages the program management function to support projects.
* Assists in defining and developing departmental wide program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics.
* Reviews high level deliverables across projects, and reports to senior management on projects' status.
* Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with established methodology to ensure successful project execution. Develops testing standards and post implementation support models.
* Manages scope and mitigates risk across all projects.
* Identifies and resolves critical issues.
* Assists in the evaluation and re-design of project plans and objectives as necessary.
* Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
* Contributes to Portfolio Management and planning for assigned areas.
* Manages resources including operating budget, supplies, equipment, space, staff and information.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, required.
* Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in Information Systems including a minimum of three (3) years managing projects, required.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification, preferred.
* Significant experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure, etc.), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required.
* Demonstrated experience in the 9 Project Management Institute (PMI) knowledge areas, and Program and Portfolio Management, required.
* Project management, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills, required.
* Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement complex project plans, required.
* Skilled at MS Project or NIKU Workbench project planning tools, required. Experience with CA Clarity or related PPM tool, preferred.