Job FamilyIT Project Management
Job Description SummaryDo you thrive in autonomous work while being able to lead a team? Do you enjoy working with big picture business strategy and communicating with C-Suite executives? Are you looking to take ownership of your next position and enact change in the organization?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!Job Description
What You Will Do:
You will be a top level program manager, providing project and program management, delivery assurance and consulting, health checks and related guidance for key programs and projects. Responsible for leading all aspects of strategically important, complex global programs and projects that span business units. Responsible for cross-project management of work streams that are interdependent or common across the various projects within in a program.
What You Will Learn:
You will provide direction in setting goals and performance of the program including project planning, execution, functionality, quality, cost, staffing and resource allocation. Utilize expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure program goals and requirements are met.
What Success Looks Like:
* All aspects of program and project management for strategically important initiatives.
* Assisting with PMO governance duties, including reporting, threshold assessments and assessing and monitoring health of key projects.
* Provide consulting and expert guidance on all phases of program and project delivery, including business case development, financial impact analysis, project scoping, risk assessment, monitoring and delivery.
* Manage major program initiatives; assist management in defining the strategic plans for programs that align with business goals and objectives. Manages interdependencies and common critical path milestones across the projects, facilitating risk management, issue escalation/resolution, scope change and implementation planning.
* Manage one or more large and complex projects with responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, budget, and quality commitments. Directs decision making, communications, problem resolution, and other associated activities during all phases of large and complex projects using a proactive and positive approach.
* Provides delivery assurance and health checks for strategic and key initiatives by assessing all aspects from project direction and scope through implementation (including business case, requirements, risk, change management and project deliverables).
* Designs and implements program and project organizational structures that are cost effective and efficient.
* Develops business case documentation, including cost benefit analysis and/or return on investment analysis.
* Promotes formal communication methods and establishes open and consistent communication with all levels within the organization (including project teams, stakeholders, management, and other Global IT Office functions). Defines and directs formal communication methods and establish open and consistent communication with all levels within the organization.
* Provides status reports and facilitates inter-program communication.
* Provides appropriate progress updates to management, steering committees, project boards and other stakeholders, using both formal and informal channels.
* Responsible for consulting, directing, mentoring, and checking the work of other project management professionals. Directs activities of multiple project managers responsible for individual projects within a program; holds teams accountable for meeting goals and objectives.
* Identifies and leads program and project process improvement activities.
What You Need:
* Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are critical to this position, as are the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues, and strong time management
* Developed skills in leadership, relationship building, negotiation and influence, and facilitation techniques
* Effectively interact with staff and management at all levels, including C-level executives
* Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles, and relies on strong technical and analytical skills
* Serve in a mentoring and leadership role, and must be able to influence without direct organizational authority
* Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent training/experience required
* Minimum of 10 years' experience with at least 5 years' experience managing complex multi-system and/or multiple department projects
* Good understanding of the insurance and financial services industry.
* Expert level skills relating to project management theory, tools and practice
* Ability to speak multiple languages may be helpful
* PMP or Prince 2 certification
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It's our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you'll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.