The Database Architect will be responsible for implementing the guidance and technical definition of new architectures, IT applications, technologies, and solutions that support business strategies. A successful candidate will work on highly complex projects and multiple architecture domains such as network, security, applications and system software, data, and Internet; they must also be able to acquire the business knowledge needed to perform their tasks. The data architect is viewed as a leader who is collaborative in defining the direction for future projects, conceiving strategies and solutions, building consensus, selling/executing solutions, and educating/mentoring others. Participation in architectural decisions and execute the architectural direction.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner seven years in a row (2012-2018), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs and implements scalable data solutions to support business intelligence & IT visualization needs
* Executes the analysis, design, and development of a road map and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state architecture
* Participates in technical domain and business discussions relative to future architecture direction to align warehouse architectural strategy with business goals
* Maximizes the data resources by reducing redundancy, enabling accessibility within security boundaries, fostering corporate understanding of the meaning of the data
* Demonstrates advanced SQL skills with experience developing PL/SQL and/or T-SQL
* Develops dimensional and relational data models and views in a real time environment
* Develops and maintains logical and physical data models based on business and technical requirements, project & service considerations
* Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends; *Adapts new technologies as needed.
* May require some on-call duties
* Desire to adapt and follow continuous improvement methods
* Reviews architecture variances to accommodate project needs to ensure project and downstream system needs are considered
* Aligns data solutions with enterprise architecture
* Integrates business knowledge and experience with technology changes and advances
* Participates in the implementation and integration of leading edge technologies
* Works closely with project and Software Delivery Teams to ensure execution and seeking balance between application and data
* Provides technical guidance and leadership for BI staff, developers, and testers
* Enforces policies, standards, guidelines and procedures governing enterprise data
* Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Willing to hire in to a higher/lower career stage
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience. A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another technical field
Degreed personnel will have a minimum of three years of data-related work experience with increasing architectural responsibility
1-3 years experience modeling Data Vault 2.0
2-5 years experience with an ETL tool such as WhereScape Red, Informatica, Talend
2-5 years experience with relational data modeling and designing scalable data oriented systems
2-5 years experience working with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Strong organizational skills; experience participating in large projects and balancing responsibilities of multiple projects
Process design/re-design skills to participate in business requirements analysis
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Strong technical problem-solving skills and customer service skills
Familiar with cloud computing concepts
Conversant with data scientist and business intelligence topics
Conversant in the application of Agile development methods
Experience and good understanding of the design of databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases
Able to implement, and maintain security controls in the database; understands operating system security controls
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various teams (BA/Developers/Support/Business/Enterprise Architecture/Database Administration)
Strong presentation skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An employee in this position:
* Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
* Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
* Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
* Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
* Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
* Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
* Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday Part Time No
* FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)